Hospital cost shifting revisited: new evidence from the balanced budget act of 1997
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 10 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=106603|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G, 1994. "Payer Competition and Cost Shifting in Health Care," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 71-92, Spring.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1983. "Credible Commitments: Using Hostages to Support Exchange," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 519-40, September.
- Leemore Dafny, 2009. "Estimation and Identification of Merger Effects: An Application to Hospital Mergers," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(3), pages 523-550, 08.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Ching-to Albert Ma & Thomas G. McGuire, 1992.
"Paying for Joint Costs in Health Care,"
0023, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Foster, Richard W., 1985. "Cost-shifting under cost reimbursement and prospective payment," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 261-271, September.
- Robert Connor & Roger Feldman & Bryan Dowd, 1998. "The Effects of Market Concentration and Horizontal Mergers on Hospital Costs and Prices," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 159-180.
- James H. Stock & Motohiro Yogo, 2002. "Testing for Weak Instruments in Linear IV Regression," NBER Technical Working Papers 0284, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler, 1998. "Cost Shifting or Cost Cutting? The Incidence of Reductions in Medicare Payments," NBER Chapters, in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 12, pages 1-28 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G., 2002. "Multiple payers, commonality and free-riding in health care: Medicare and private payers," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1049-1069, November.
- Jack Zwanziger & Glenn A. Melnick & Anil Bamezai, 2000. "Can cost shifting continue in a price competitive environment?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 211-226.
- Shen, Yu-Chu, 2003. "The effect of financial pressure on the quality of care in hospitals," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 243-269, March.
- Dranove, David & J. Simon, Carol & White, William D., 1998. "Determinants of managed care penetration," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 729-745, December.
- Dranove, David, 1988. "Pricing by non-profit institutions : The case of hospital cost-shifting," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 47-57, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ijhcfe:v:10:y:2010:i:1:p:61-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.