Cost Shifting or Cost Cutting? The Incidence of Reductions in Medicare Payments
In: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 12
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cutler, David M, 1995.
"The Incidence of Adverse Medical Outcomes under Prospective Payment,"
Econometric Society, vol. 63(1), pages 29-50, January.
- Cutler, D.M., 1992. "The Incidence of Adverse Medical Outcome Under Prospective Payment," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1603, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- David M. Cutler, 1993. "The Incidence of Adverse Medical Outcomes Under Prospective Payments," NBER Working Papers 4300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David M. Cutler & Ellen Meara, 2001. "The Concentration of Medical Spending: An Update," NBER Chapters,in: Themes in the Economics of Aging, pages 217-240 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cooper, Zack & Craig, Stuart & Gaynor, Martin & Van Reenen, John, 2015.
"The price ain’t right? hospital prices and healthspending on the privately insured,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
66059, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Zack Cooper & Stuart V. Craig & Martin Gaynor & John Van Reenen, 2015. "The Price Ain’t Right? Hospital Prices and Health Spending on the Privately Insured," NBER Working Papers 21815, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zack Cooper & Stuart Craig & Martin Gaynor & John Van Reenen, 2015. "The Price Ain't Right? Hospital Prices and Health Spending on the Privately Insured," CEP Discussion Papers dp1395, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Leemore S. Dafny, 2003. "How Do Hospitals Respond to Price Changes?," NBER Working Papers 9972, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shigeoka, Hitoshi & Fushimi, Kiyohide, 2014. "Supplier-induced demand for newborn treatment: Evidence from Japan," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 162-178.
- Leemore S. Dafny, 2005. "How Do Hospitals Respond to Price Changes?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1525-1547, December.
- Vivian Wu, 2010. "Hospital cost shifting revisited: new evidence from the balanced budget act of 1997," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 61-83, March.
- Shen, Yu-Chu, 2003. "The effect of financial pressure on the quality of care in hospitals," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 243-269, March.
- Kaestner, Robert & Guardado, Jose, 2008. "Medicare reimbursement, nurse staffing, and patient outcomes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 339-361, March.
- Wagner, Kathryn L., 2016. "Shock, but no shift: Hospitals' responses to changes in patient insurance mix," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 46-58.
- Kondo, Ayako & Shigeoka, Hitoshi, 2013. "Effects of universal health insurance on health care utilization, and supply-side responses: Evidence from Japan," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 1-23.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:10911. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .