What drives portfolio investments of German banks in emerging capital markets?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 25 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/business+%26+management/journal/11408/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francis E. Warnock & Hali J Edison, 2003.
"U.S. Investors' Emerging Market Equity Portfolios; A Security-Level Analysis,"
IMF Working Papers
03/238, International Monetary Fund.
- Hali J. Edison & Francis E. Warnock, 2004. "U.S. Investors' Emerging Market Equity Portfolios: A Security-Level Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(3), pages 691-704, August.
- Hali J. Edison & Francis E. Warnock, 2003. "U.S. investors' emerging market equity portfolios: a security-level analysis," International Finance Discussion Papers 771, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Garry J. Schinasi & R. Todd Smith, 2000.
"Portfolio Diversification, Leverage, and Financial Contagion,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 47(2), pages 1.
- T. Todd Smith & Garry J. Schinasi, 1999. "Portfolio Diversification, Leverage, and Financial Contagion," IMF Working Papers 99/136, International Monetary Fund.
- John D. Burger & Francis E. Warnock, 2003. "Diversification, original sin, and international bond portfolios," International Finance Discussion Papers 755, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Levine, Ross, 2005.
"Finance and Growth: Theory and Evidence,"
Handbook of Economic Growth,
in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 865-934
- R. Gaston Gelos & Shang-Jin Wei, 2005.
"Transparency and International Portfolio Holdings,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(6), pages 2987-3020, December.
- Montiel, Peter & Reinhart, Carmen M., 1999.
"Do capital controls and macroeconomic policies influence the volume and composition of capital flows? Evidence from the 1990s,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 619-635, August.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Montiel, Peter, 1999. "Do capital controls influence the volume and composition of capital flows? Evidence from the 1990s," MPRA Paper 13710, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Liebig, Thilo & Porath, Daniel & Weder, Beatrice & Wedow, Michael, 2007. "Basel II and bank lending to emerging markets: Evidence from the German banking sector," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 401-418, February.
- Adcock, C.J. & Shutes, K., 2005. "An analysis of skewness and skewness persistence in three emerging markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 396-418, December.
- Warnock, Francis E., 2002.
"Home bias and high turnover reconsidered,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 795-805, November.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 1997.
"Foreign Speculators and Emerging Equity Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
6312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fiess, Norbert, 2003. "Capital flows, country risk, and contagion," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2943, The World Bank.
- Demirguc-Kunt, A. & Huizinga, H., 1993.
"Barriers to Portfolio Investments in Emerging Stock Markets,"
9341, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Ash & Huizinga, Harry, 1995. "Barriers to portfolio investments in emerging stock markets," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 355-374, August.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1992. "Barriers to portfolio investments in emerging stock markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 984, The World Bank.
- Huizinga, H.P. & Demirgüç-Kunt, A., 1995. "Barriers to portfolio investment in emerging stock markets," Other publications TiSEM 0c9ceacb-4d49-47ea-bbce-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Frank Heid & Thorsten Nestmann & Natalja von Westernhagen & Beatrice Weder, 2007.
"German Bank Lending during Emerging Market Crises: A Bank Level Analysis,"
Credit and Capital Markets,
Credit and Capital Markets, vol. 40(3), pages 381-405.
- Heid, Frank & Nestmann, Thorsten & di Mauro, Beatrice Weder & von Westernhagen, Natalja, 2004. "German bank lending during emerging market crises: A bank level analysis," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2004,04, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Reena Aggarwal & Leora Klapper & Peter D. Wysocki, 2003.
"Portfolio preferences of foreign institutional investors,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3101, The World Bank.
- Aggarwal, Reena & Klapper, Leora & Wysocki, Peter D., 2005. "Portfolio preferences of foreign institutional investors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2919-2946, December.
- Jacques Miniane, 2004. "A New Set of Measures on Capital Account Restrictions," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 51(2), pages 4.
- Gilmore, Claire G. & McManus, Ginette M., 2002. "International portfolio diversification: US and Central European equity markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 69-83, March.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2007.
"A simple panel unit root test in the presence of cross-section dependence,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 265-312.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2003. "A Simple Panel Unit Root Test in the Presence of Cross Section Dependence," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0346, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Odonnat, I. & Rahmouni, I., 2006. "Do emerging market economies still constitute a homogenous asset class?," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 9, pages 39-48, December.
- Claudia M. Buch & Cathérine Tahmee Koch & Michael Kötter, 2009.
"Margins of International Banking: Is there a Productivity Pecking Order in Banking, too?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2891, CESifo Group Munich.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Koch, Cathérine Tahmee & Koetter, Michael, 2009. "Margins of international banking: is there a productivity pecking order in banking, too?," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2009,12, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Andros Gregoriou & Christos Ioannidis & Sugata Ghosh, 2009. "Heterogeneous time varying transaction costs and asset pricing in international equity markets," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 271-283, September.
- Andrew Berg & Eduardo Borensztein & Catherine Pattillo, 2005.
"Assessing Early Warning Systems: How Have They Worked in Practice?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(3), pages 5.
- Andrew Berg & Eduardo Borensztein & Catherine A Pattillo, 2004. "Assessing Early Warning Systems; How Have they Worked in Practice?," IMF Working Papers 04/52, International Monetary Fund.
- Hali J. Edison & Francis E. Warnock, 2006.
"Cross-border Listings, Capital Controls, and Equity Flows To Emerging Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
12589, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edison, Hali J. & Warnock, Francis E., 2008. "Cross-border listings, capital controls, and equity flows to emerging markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1013-1027, October.
- Tesar, Linda L. & Werner, Ingrid M., 1995. "Home bias and high turnover," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 467-492, August.
- Borensztein, Eduardo R. & Gelos, R. Gaston, 2003. "Leaders and followers: emerging market fund behavior during tranquil and turbulent times," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 25-38, March.
- Guillermo A. Calvo, 1998. "Capital Flows and Capital-Market Crises: The Simple Economics of Sudden Stops," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 35-54, November.
- Lusine LUSINYAN, 2002. "International Capital Flows, Economic Growth and Financial Market Efficiency," Economics Working Papers ECO2002/20, European University Institute.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:fmktpm:v:25:y:2011:i:2:p:197-231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.