An analysis of skewness and skewness persistence in three emerging markets
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- McDonald, James B. & Xu, Yexiao J., 1995.
"A generalization of the beta distribution with applications,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 427-428, October.
- McDonald, James B. & Xu, Yexiao J., 1995. "A generalization of the beta distribution with applications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 133-152.
- Panayiotis Theodossiou, 1998. "Financial Data and the Skewed Generalized T Distribution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-1), pages 1650-1661, December.
- Lau, Hon-Shiang & Wingender, John R, 1989. "The Analytics of the Intervaling Effect on Skewness and Kurtosis of Stock Returns," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 24(2), pages 215-33, May.
- Fogler, H. Russell & Radcliffe, Robert C., 1974. "A Note on Measurement of Skewness," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 485-489, June.
- Richard Harris & C. Coskun Kucukozmen & Fatih Yilmaz, 2004. "Skewness in the conditional distribution of daily equity returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 195-202.
- Sun, Qian & Yan, Yuxing, 2003. "Skewness persistence with optimal portfolio selection," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1111-1121, June.
- Bookstaber, Richard M & McDonald, James B, 1987. "A General Distribution for Describing Security Price Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(3), pages 401-24, July.
- McDonald, James B. & Newey, Whitney K., 1988. "Partially Adaptive Estimation of Regression Models via the Generalized T Distribution," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 428-457, December.
- Campbell R. Harvey & Akhtar Siddique, 2000. "Conditional Skewness in Asset Pricing Tests," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1263-1295, 06.
- Beedles, William L., 1979. "On the Asymmetry of Market Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(03), pages 653-660, September.
- Hon-Shiang Lau & John R. Wingender & Amy Hing-Ling Lau, 1989. "On Estimating Skewness in Stock Returns," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(9), pages 1139-1142, September.
- Krishnamurty Muralidhar, 1993. "The Bootstrap Approach for Testing Skewness Persistence," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(4), pages 487-491, April.
- Singleton, J. Clay & Wingender, John, 1986. "Skewness Persistence in Common Stock Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(03), pages 335-341, September.
- Chunhachinda, Pornchai & Dandapani, Krishnan & Hamid, Shahid & Prakash, Arun J., 1997. "Portfolio selection and skewness: Evidence from international stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 143-167, February.
- Phillipe Lambert & J. K. Lindsey, 1999. "Analysing Financial Returns by Using Regression Models Based on Non-Symmetric Stable Distributions," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 48(3), pages 409-424.
- Harvey, Campbell R. & Siddique, Akhtar, 1999. "Autoregressive Conditional Skewness," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(04), pages 465-487, December.
- Beedles, Wiliam L. & Simkowitz, Michael A., 1980. "Morphology of asset asymmetry," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 457-468, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ememar:v:6:y:2005:i:4:p:396-418. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.