Is co-skewness a better measure of risk in the downside than downside beta?: Evidence in emerging market data
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ravi Jagnnathan & Ellen R. McGrattan, 1995. "The CAPM debate," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall, pages 2-17.
- Post, Thierry & van Vliet, Pim, 2006.
"Downside risk and asset pricing,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 823-849, March.
- Post, G.T. & van Vliet, P., 2004. "Downside Risk and Asset Pricing," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2004-018-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Susmel, Raul, 2001. "Extreme observations and diversification in Latin American emerging equity markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 971-986, December.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 2003. "Emerging markets finance," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 3-56, February.
- Fama, Eugene F & MacBeth, James D, 1973. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 607-36, May-June.
- Campbell R. Harvey & Akhtar Siddique, 2000. "Conditional Skewness in Asset Pricing Tests," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1263-1295, 06.
- Jahankhani, Ali, 1976. "E-V and E-S Capital Asset Pricing Models: Some Empirical Tests," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(04), pages 513-528, November.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 1997.
"Foreign Speculators and Emerging Equity Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
6312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, 09.
- Jorion, Philippe & Schwartz, Eduardo, 1986. " Integration vs. Segmentation in the Canadian Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 603-14, July.
- Nantell, Timothy J. & Price, Barbara, 1979. "An Analytical Comparison of Variance and Semivariance Capital Market Theories," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 221-242, June.
- Estrada, Javier & Serra, Ana Paula, 2005. "Risk and return in emerging markets: Family matters," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 257-272, July.
- Bawa, Vijay S. & Lindenberg, Eric B., 1977. "Capital market equilibrium in a mean-lower partial moment framework," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 189-200, November.
- Harvey, Campbell R, 1995.
"Predictable Risk and Returns in Emerging Markets,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(3), pages 773-816.
- Adcock, C.J. & Shutes, K., 2005. "An analysis of skewness and skewness persistence in three emerging markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 396-418, December.
- Bawa, Vijay S. & Lindenberg, Eric B., 1977. "Abstract: Capital Market Equilibrium in a Mean-Lower Partial Moment Framework," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 635-635, November.
- Don U.A. Galagedera & Robert Faff, 2004.
"Modelling the Risk and Return Relation Conditional on Market Volatility and Market Conditions,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
8/04, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Don U. A. Galagedera & Robert Faff, 2005. "Modeling The Risk And Return Relation Conditional On Market Volatility And Market Conditions," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(01), pages 75-95.
- Christian S. Pedersen & Soosung Hwang, 2007. "Does downside beta matter in asset pricing?," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(12), pages 961-978.
- Harlow, W. V. & Rao, Ramesh K. S., 1989. "Asset Pricing in a Generalized Mean-Lower Partial Moment Framework: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 285-311, September.
- Hwang, Soosung & Pedersen, Christian S., 2004. "Asymmetric risk measures when modelling emerging markets equities: evidence for regional and timing effects," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 109-128, March.
- Smith, Daniel R., 2007. "Conditional coskewness and asset pricing," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 91-119, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mulfin:v:17:y:2007:i:3:p:214-230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.