Is co-skewness a better measure of risk in the downside than downside beta?: Evidence in emerging market data
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harlow, W. V. & Rao, Ramesh K. S., 1989. "Asset Pricing in a Generalized Mean-Lower Partial Moment Framework: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 285-311, September.
- Jorion, Philippe & Schwartz, Eduardo, 1986. " Integration vs. Segmentation in the Canadian Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 603-14, July.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 1997.
"Foreign Speculators and Emerging Equity Markets,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
79, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Christian S. Pedersen & Soosung Hwang, 2007. "Does downside beta matter in asset pricing?," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(12), pages 961-978.
- Harvey, Campbell R, 1995.
"Predictable Risk and Returns in Emerging Markets,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(3), pages 773-816.
- Post, Thierry & van Vliet, Pim, 2006.
"Downside risk and asset pricing,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 823-849, March.
- Post, G.T. & van Vliet, P., 2004. "Downside Risk and Asset Pricing," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2004-018-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Bawa, Vijay S. & Lindenberg, Eric B., 1977. "Abstract: Capital Market Equilibrium in a Mean-Lower Partial Moment Framework," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 635-635, November.
- Adcock, C.J. & Shutes, K., 2005. "An analysis of skewness and skewness persistence in three emerging markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 396-418, December.
- Estrada, Javier & Serra, Ana Paula, 2005. "Risk and return in emerging markets: Family matters," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 257-272, July.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 2003. "Emerging markets finance," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 3-56, February.
- Susmel, Raul, 2001. "Extreme observations and diversification in Latin American emerging equity markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 971-986, December.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, 09.
- Fama, Eugene F & MacBeth, James D, 1973. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 607-36, May-June.
- Don U.A. Galagedera & Robert Faff, 2004.
"Modelling the Risk and Return Relation Conditional on Market Volatility and Market Conditions,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
8/04, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Don U. A. Galagedera & Robert Faff, 2005. "Modeling The Risk And Return Relation Conditional On Market Volatility And Market Conditions," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(01), pages 75-95.
- Jahankhani, Ali, 1976. "E-V and E-S Capital Asset Pricing Models: Some Empirical Tests," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(04), pages 513-528, November.
- Hwang, Soosung & Pedersen, Christian S., 2004. "Asymmetric risk measures when modelling emerging markets equities: evidence for regional and timing effects," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 109-128, March.
- Campbell R. Harvey & Akhtar Siddique, 2000. "Conditional Skewness in Asset Pricing Tests," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1263-1295, 06.
- Nantell, Timothy J. & Price, Barbara, 1979. "An Analytical Comparison of Variance and Semivariance Capital Market Theories," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 221-242, June.
- Bawa, Vijay S. & Lindenberg, Eric B., 1977. "Capital market equilibrium in a mean-lower partial moment framework," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 189-200, November.
- Smith, Daniel R., 2007. "Conditional coskewness and asset pricing," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 91-119, January.
- Ravi Jagnnathan & Ellen R. McGrattan, 1995. "The CAPM debate," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall, pages 2-17.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mulfin:v:17:y:2007:i:3:p:214-230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.