Systematic risk in emerging markets: the
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bawa, Vijay S. & Lindenberg, Eric B., 1977. "Abstract: Capital Market Equilibrium in a Mean-Lower Partial Moment Framework," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 635-635, November.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- René M. Stulz, 1995. "Globalization Of Capital Markets And The Cost Of Capital: The Case Of Nestlé," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 8(3), pages 30-38.
- Harlow, W. V. & Rao, Ramesh K. S., 1989. "Asset Pricing in a Generalized Mean-Lower Partial Moment Framework: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 285-311, September.
- Bawa, Vijay S. & Lindenberg, Eric B., 1977. "Capital market equilibrium in a mean-lower partial moment framework," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 189-200, November.
- Hogan, William W. & Warren, James M., 1974. "Toward the Development of an Equilibrium Capital-Market Model Based on Semivariance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 1-11, January.
- Markowitz, Harry M, 1991. " Foundations of Portfolio Theory," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 469-477, June.
- Levy, H & Markowtiz, H M, 1979. "Approximating Expected Utility by a Function of Mean and Variance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 308-317, June.
- Pereiro, Luis E., 2001. "The valuation of closely-held companies in Latin America," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 330-370, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jose Fernandes & Augusto Hasman & Juan Ignacio Pena, 2007.
"Risk premium: insights over the threshold,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 41-59.
- Peña Sánchez de Rivera, Juan Ignacio & Fernandes, Jose L. B. & Hasman, Augusto, 2006. "Risk premium: insights over the threshold," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb062808, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- José L. B. Fernandes & Augusto Hasman & Juan Ignacio Peña, 2006. "Risk Premium: Insights Over The Threshold," Working Papers Series 126, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Ricardo Pereira, 2007. "The Cost Of Equity Of Portuguese Public Firms: A Downside Risk Approach," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 0(1), pages 7-25.
- Samuel Mongrut Montalván & Didac Ramírez Sarrió, 2005. "Discount Rates in Emerging Capital Markets," Finance 0501013, EconWPA.
- Ayub, Usman & Shah, Syed Zulfiqar Ali & Abbas, Qaisar, 2015. "Robust analysis for downside risk in portfolio management for a volatile stock market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 86-96.
- Tamara Teplova & Evgeniya Shutova, 2011. "A Higher Moment Downside Framework for Conditional and Unconditional Capm in the Russian Stock Market," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 1(2), pages 157-178, December.
- Estada, Javier, 2003. "Mean-semivariance behavior: An alternative behavioral model," IESE Research Papers D/492, IESE Business School.
- Roggi, Oliviero & Giannozzi, Alessandro & Baglioni, Tommaso, 2017. "Valuing emerging markets companies: New approaches to determine the effective exposure to country risk," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 553-567.
- repec:lrk:eeaart:36_1_18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Javed Iqbal & Sara Azher, 2014. "Value-at-Risk and Expected Stock Returns: Evidence from Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 19(2), pages 71-100, July-Dec.
- repec:rss:jnljef:v2i2p5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Širůček, Martin & Křen, Lukáš, 2016. "Tools and Techniques for Economic Decision Analysis," MPRA Paper 77516, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- LesÅ‚aw Markowski, 2015. "Conditional Volatility Exposures in Asset Pricing in the Downside and Classical Framework," Research in Economics and Business: Central and Eastern Europe, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology, vol. 7(1).
- Don U.A. Galagedera & Robert D. Brooks, 2005. "Is systematic downside beta risk really priced? Evidence in emerging market data," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 11/05, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Thomas Lagoarde-Segot & Brian M. Lucey, 2006. "Portfolio allocations in the Middle East and North Africa," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp141, IIIS.
- Estrada, Javier, 2003. "Mean-semivariance behavior (II): The D-CAPM," IESE Research Papers D/493, IESE Business School.
- Philip A. Horvath & Amit K. Sinha, 2017. "Asymmetric reaction is rational behavior," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 41(1), pages 160-179, January.
- Do, Hung Xuan & Brooks, Robert & Treepongkaruna, Sirimon & Wu, Eliza, 2016. "Stock and currency market linkages: New evidence from realized spillovers in higher moments," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 167-185.
- repec:bec:imsber:v:9:y:2017:i:4:p:233-258 is not listed on IDEAS
- Samuel Mongrut & Dídac Ramírez, 2006. "Discount Rates in Emerging Capital Markets," Working Papers 06-03, Centro de Investigación, Universidad del Pacífico.
- Do, Hung Xuan & Brooks, Robert & Treepongkaruna, Sirimon, 2015. "Realized spill-over effects between stock and foreign exchange market: Evidence from regional analysis," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 24-37.
- Li Cai & Jinhua Cui & Hoje Jo, 2016. "Corporate Environmental Responsibility and Firm Risk," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(3), pages 563-594, December.
- Javier Estrada, 2009. "The Gain-Loss Spread: A New and Intuitive Measure of Risk," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 21(4), pages 104-114.
- Bernard Bollen & Michael Skully & David Tripe & Xiaoting Wei, 2015. "The Global Financial Crisis and Its Impact on Australian Bank Risk," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 89-111, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ememar:v:3:y:2002:i:4:p:365-379. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620356 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.