A General Distribution for Describing Security Price Returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dilip B. Madan & Frank Milne, 1991. "Option Pricing With V. G. Martingale Components," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(4), pages 39-55.
- Liu, Xiaoquan & Shackleton, Mark B. & Taylor, Stephen J. & Xu, Xinzhong, 2007. "Closed-form transformations from risk-neutral to real-world distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1501-1520, May.
- Adcock, C.J. & Shutes, K., 2005. "An analysis of skewness and skewness persistence in three emerging markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 396-418, December.
- Chung, San-Lin & Wang, Yaw-Huei, 2008. "Bounds and prices of currency cross-rate options," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 631-642, May.
- Mookerjee, Rajen & Yu, Qiao, 1999. "An empirical analysis of the equity markets in China," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 41-60, June.
- Kabir K. Dutta & David F. Babbel, 2005.
"Extracting Probabilistic Information from the Prices of Interest Rate Options: Tests of Distributional Assumptions,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(3), pages 841-870, May.
- Kabir K. Dutta & David F. Babbel, 2002. "Extracting Probabilistic Information from the Prices of Interest Rate Options: Tests of Distributional Assumptions," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-26, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Paul Larsen, 2015. "Asyptotic Normality for Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Operational Risk," Papers 1508.02824, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2016.
- Cummins, J. David & McDonald, James B. & Merrill, Craig, 2007. "Risky Loss Distributions and Modeling the Loss Reserve Pay-out Tail," Review of Applied Economics, Lincoln University, Department of Financial and Business Systems, vol. 0(Number 1-), pages 1-23.
- Leonidas Tsiaras, 2010. "Dynamic Models of Exchange Rate Dependence Using Option Prices and Historical Returns," CREATES Research Papers 2010-35, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Marcos Massaki Abe & Eui Jung Chang & Benjamin Miranda Tabak, 2007.
"Forecasting Exchange Rate Density Using Parametric Models: the Case of Brazil,"
Brazilian Review of Finance,
Brazilian Society of Finance, vol. 5(1), pages 29-39.
- Marcos M. Abe & Eui J. Chang & Benjamin M. Tabak, 2007. "Forecasting Exchange Rate Density using Parametric Models: The Case of Brazil," Working Papers Series 138, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Fabozzi, Frank J. & Leccadito, Arturo & Tunaru, Radu S., 2014. "Extracting market information from equity options with exponential Lévy processes," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 125-141.
- Kabir K. Dutta & David F. Babbel, 2002. "On Measuring Skewness and Kurtosis in Short Rate Distributions: The Case of the US Dollar London Inter Bank Offer Rates," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-25, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Bisht Deepak & Laha, A. K., 2017. "Assessment of Density Forecast for Energy Commodities in Post-Financialization Era," IIMA Working Papers WP 2017-07-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Kabir Dutta & Jason Perry, 2006. "A tale of tails: an empirical analysis of loss distribution models for estimating operational risk capital," Working Papers 06-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Gene L. Leon & Rupert D Worrell, 2001. "Price Volatility and Financial Instability," IMF Working Papers 01/60, International Monetary Fund.
- Josip Arneric & Zdravka Aljinovic & Tea Poklepovic, 2015. "Extraction of market expectations from risk-neutral density," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics, vol. 33(2), pages 235-256.
- repec:ris:utmsje:0199 is not listed on IDEAS
- James F. Moore, 1999. "Tail Estimation and Catastrophe Security Pricing: Can We Tell What Target We Hit if We Are Shooting in the Dark?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-14, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Ha, Daesung & Chang, S. J., 1998. "The distribution of transaction intervals in common stock trading," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 103-115.
- Trino-Manuel Niguez & Ivan Paya & David Peel & Javier Perote, 2013. "Higher-order moments in the theory of diversification and portfolio composition," Working Papers 18297128, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Takkabutr, Nattapol, 2013. "Option-Implied Risk Aversion Anomalies: Evidence From Japanese Market," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 54(2), pages 137-157, December.
- Minenna, Marcello, 2003. "Insider trading, abnormal return and preferential information: Supervising through a probabilistic model," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 59-86, January.
- Jackwerth, Jens Carsten, 1999. "Option Implied Risk-Neutral Distributions and Implied Binomial Trees: A Literature Review," MPRA Paper 11634, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hans Dillen & Bo Stoltz, 1999. "The distribution of stock market returns and the market model," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 41-56, Spring.
- José Renato Haas Ornelas & Marcelo Yoshio Takami, 2011. "Recovering Risk-Neutral Densities from Brazilian Interest Rate Options," Brazilian Review of Finance, Brazilian Society of Finance, vol. 9(1), pages 9-26.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jnlbus:v:60:y:1987:i:3:p:401-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JB/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.