What do bond holdings reveal about international funds' preferences?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. Gaston Gelos & Shang-Jin Wei, 2005.
"Transparency and International Portfolio Holdings,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(6), pages 2987-3020, December.
- Paul A. Gompers & Andrew Metrick, 1998.
"Institutional Investors and Equity Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
6723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul A. Gompers & Andrew Metrick, "undated". "Institutional Investors and Equity Prices," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 20-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Darrell Duffie & Lasse Heje Pedersen & Kenneth J. Singleton, 2003. "Modeling Sovereign Yield Spreads: A Case Study of Russian Debt," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(1), pages 119-159, 02.
- Froot, Kenneth A. & O'Connell, Paul G. J. & Seasholes, Mark S., 2001.
"The portfolio flows of international investors,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 151-193, February.
- John Y. Campbell & Glen B. Taksler, 2002.
"Equity Volatility and Corporate Bond Yields,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1945, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- John Y. Campbell & Glen B. Taksler, 2002. "Equity Volatility and Corporate Bond Yields," NBER Working Papers 8961, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, John & Taksler, Glen, 2003. "Equity Volatility and Corporate Bond Yields," Scholarly Articles 3153307, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Dahlquist, Magnus & Robertsson, Goran, 2001. "Direct foreign ownership, institutional investors, and firm characteristics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 413-440, March.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Titman, Sheridan & Wermers, Russ, 1995. "Momentum Investment Strategies, Portfolio Performance, and Herding: A Study of Mutual Fund Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1088-1105, December.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 2003. "Emerging markets finance," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 3-56, February.
- John D. Burger & Francis E. Warnock, 2006.
"Foreign Participation in Local Currency Bond Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
12548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burger, John D. & Warnock, Francis E., 2007. "Foreign participation in local currency bond markets," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 291-304.
- John D. Burger & Francis E. Warnock, 2004. "Foreign participation in local-currency bond markets," International Finance Discussion Papers 794, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jun-Koo Kang & Rene M. Stulz, 1995.
"Why Is There a Home Bias? An Analysis of Foreign Portfolio Equity Ownership in Japan,"
NBER Working Papers
5166, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kang, Jun-Koo & Stulz, Rene M., 1997. "Why is there a home bias? An analysis of foreign portfolio equity ownership in Japan," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 3-28, October.
- Falkenstein, Eric G, 1996. " Preferences for Stock Characteristics as Revealed by Mutual Fund Portfolio Holdings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 111-135, March.
- Batten, Jonathan A. & Fetherston, Thomas A. & Hoontrakul, Pongsak, 2006. "Factors affecting the yields of emerging market issuers: Evidence from the Asia-Pacific region," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 57-70, February.
- Hali J. Edison & Francis E. Warnock, 2004.
"U.S. Investors' Emerging Market Equity Portfolios: A Security-Level Analysis,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(3), pages 691-704, August.
- Hali J. Edison & Francis E. Warnock, 2003. "U.S. investors' emerging market equity portfolios: a security-level analysis," International Finance Discussion Papers 771, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Barry Eichengreen & Ricardo Hausmann, 1999.
"Exchange rates and financial fragility,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 329-368.
- Reena Aggarwal & Leora Klapper & Peter D. Wysocki, 2003.
"Portfolio preferences of foreign institutional investors,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3101, The World Bank.
- Aggarwal, Reena & Klapper, Leora & Wysocki, Peter D., 2005. "Portfolio preferences of foreign institutional investors," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2919-2946, December.
- Kraus, Alan & Litzenberger, Robert H, 1976. "Skewness Preference and the Valuation of Risk Assets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1085-1100, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ememar:v:8:y:2007:i:3:p:167-180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.