Cooperative Management of Groundwater Resources in the Presence of Environmental Externalities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tarui, Nori & Mason, Charles F. & Polasky, Stephen & Ellis, Greg, 2008.
"Cooperation in the commons with unobservable actions,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 37-51, January.
- Nori Tarui & Charles Mason & Stephen Polasky & Greg Ellis, 2007. "Cooperation in the Commons with Unobservable Actions," Working Papers 200711, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Nash, John, 1953. "Two-Person Cooperative Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 21(1), pages 128-140, April.
- James A. Roumasset & Christopher A. Wada, 2010.
"Optimal and Sustainable Groundwater Extraction,"
Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(8), pages 1-10, August.
- James Roumasset & Christopher Wada, 2010. "Optimal and Sustainable Groundwater Extraction," Working Papers 201009, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- James Roumasset & Christopher Wada, 2010. "Optimal and Sustainable Groundwater Extraction," Working Papers 2010-09, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Elinor Ostrom, 2010.
"Beyond Markets and States: Polycentric Governance of Complex Economic Systems,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(3), pages 641-672, June.
- Ostrom, Elinor, 2009. "Beyond Markets and States: Polycentric Governance of Complex Economic Systems," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2009-4, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Esteban, Encarna & Albiac, José, 2011. "Groundwater and ecosystems damages: Questioning the Gisser-Sánchez effect," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2062-2069, September.
- Richard E. Howitt & Siwa Msangi & Arnaud Reynaud & Keith C. Knapp, 2005. "Estimating Intertemporal Preferences for Natural Resource Allocation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(4), pages 969-983.
- Rubio, Santiago J. & Casino, Begona, 2001. "Competitive versus efficient extraction of a common property resource: The groundwater case," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1117-1137, August.
- Glen D. Anderson & James J. Opaluch & W. Michael Sullivan, 1985. "Nonpoint Agricultural Pollution: Pesticide Contamination of Groundwater Supplies," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 67(5), pages 1238-1243.
- Stephen Polasky & Nori Tarui & Gregory Ellis & Charles Mason, 2006. "Cooperation in the commons," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 29(1), pages 71-88, September.
- Shapley, L. S. & Shubik, Martin, 1954. "A Method for Evaluating the Distribution of Power in a Committee System," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(3), pages 787-792, September.
- Satya N. Yadav, 1997. "Dynamic Optimization of Nitrogen Use When Groundwater Contamination Is Internalized at the Standard in the Long Run," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 931-945.
- Roseta-Palma, Catarina, 2002. "Groundwater Management When Water Quality Is Endogenous," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 93-105, July.
- Gren, Ing-Marie, 1995. "The Value of Investing in Wetlands for Nitrogen Abatement," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 22(2), pages 157-172.
- Barbier, Edward B., 2000. "Valuing the environment as input: review of applications to mangrove-fishery linkages," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 47-61, October.
- Woodward, Richard T. & Wui, Yong-Suhk, 2001. "The economic value of wetland services: a meta-analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 257-270, May.
- C M Dufournaud & J J Harrington, 1990. "Temporal and Spatial Distribution of Benefits and Costs in River-Basin Schemes: A Cooperative Game Approach," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 22(5), pages 615-628, May.
- Pongkijvorasin, Sittidaj & Roumasset, James & Duarte, Thomas Kaeo & Burnett, Kimberly, 2010.
"Renewable resource management with stock externalities: Coastal aquifers and submarine groundwater discharge,"
Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 277-291, August.
- Sittidaj Pongkijvorasin & James Roumasset & Thomas Kaeo Duarte & Kimberly Burnett, 2008. "Renewable Resource Management with Stock Externalities: Coastal Aquifers and Submarine Groundwater Discharge," Working Papers 200808, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Ning & Wu, Tao & Wang, Bing & Dong, Liang & Ren, Jingzheng, 2016.
"Sustainable water resource and endogenous economic growth,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 237-244.
- Zhang, Ning & Wu, Tao & Wang, Bing & Dong, Liang & Ren, Jingzhen, 2015. "Sustainable water resource and endogenous economic growth," MPRA Paper 73457, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pereau, Jean-Christophe & Pryet, Alexandre & Rambonilaza, Tina, 2019.
"Optimality Versus Viability in Groundwater Management with Environmental Flows,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 109-120.
- Jean-Christophe Pereau & A. Pryet & T. Rambonilaza, 2019. "Optimality Versus Viability in Groundwater Management with Environmental Flows," Post-Print hal-02485123, HAL.
- Meißner, Nathalie, 2013. "The incentives of private companies to invest in protected area certificates: How coalitions can improve ecosystem sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 148-158.
- Willy, Daniel Kyalo & Kuhn, Arnim & Müller, Karin Holm, 2016. "Analysis of participation in collective action initiatives for addressing unilateral agri-environmental externalities," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249268, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Wu, Tao & Zhang, Ning & Gui, Lin & Wu, Wenjie, 2018. "Sustainable endogenous growth model of multiple regions: Reconciling OR and economic perspectives," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 269(1), pages 218-226.
- Li, Tingting & Chen, Junlin, 2020. "Alliance formation in assembly systems with quality-improvement incentives," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 285(3), pages 931-940.
More about this item
KeywordsCooperation; Non-cooperation; Externalities; Common-pool resources; Groundwater management; Ecosystem; Game theory; Shapley value; Nash-Harsanyi solution; Core; Public choice; D62; D7; Q25; Q28;
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:54:y:2013:i:3:p:443-469. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.