Cooperation in the commons
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Benhabib, Jess & Radner, Roy, 1992. "The Joint Exploitation of a Productive Asset: A Game-Theoretic Approach," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 2(2), pages 155-190, April.
- Abreu, Dilip, 1988. "On the Theory of Infinitely Repeated Games with Discounting," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(2), pages 383-396, March.
- Haurie, Alain & Pohjola, Matti, 1987. "Efficient equilibria in a differential game of capitalism," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 65-78, March.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Maskin, Eric, 1986. "The Folk Theorem in Repeated Games with Discounting or with Incomplete Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 533-554, May.
- Elinor Ostrom, 2000. "Collective Action and the Evolution of Social Norms," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 137-158, Summer.
- Dutta Prajit K., 1995. "A Folk Theorem for Stochastic Games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 1-32, June.
- Charles Mason & Stephen Polasky, 2002. "Strategic Preemption in a Common Property Resource: A Continuous Time Approach," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 23(3), pages 255-278, November.
- Dockner,Engelbert J. & Jorgensen,Steffen & Long,Ngo Van & Sorger,Gerhard, 2000. "Differential Games in Economics and Management Science," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521637329, April.
- Hannesson, Rognvaldur, 1997. "Fishing as a Supergame," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 309-322, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kotchen, Matthew J. & Salant, Stephen W., 2011. "A free lunch in the commons," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 245-253, May.
- Antoniadou, Elena & Koulovatianos, Christos & Mirman, Leonard J., 2013.
"Strategic exploitation of a common-property resource under uncertainty,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 28-39.
- Christos Koulovatianos & Elena Antoniadou & Leonard J.Mirman, 2007. "Strategic Exploitation of a Common-Property Resource under Uncertainty," Vienna Economics Papers 0703, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Florian K. Diekert, 2012. "The Tragedy of the Commons from a Game-Theoretic Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(8), pages 1-11, August.
- Tarui, Nori & Mason, Charles F. & Polasky, Stephen & Ellis, Greg, 2008.
"Cooperation in the commons with unobservable actions,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 37-51, January.
- Nori Tarui & Charles Mason & Stephen Polasky & Greg Ellis, 2007. "Cooperation in the Commons with Unobservable Actions," Working Papers 200711, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Mitri Kitti, 2011. "Conditionally Stationary Equilibria in Discounted Dynamic Games," Dynamic Games and Applications, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 514-533, December.
- Encarna Esteban & Ariel Dinar, 2013. "Cooperative Management of Groundwater Resources in the Presence of Environmental Externalities," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 54(3), pages 443-469, March.
- Mason, Charles F. & Polasky, Stephen & Tarui, Nori, 2017. "Cooperation on climate-change mitigation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 43-55.
- Joshua K. Abbott & James E. Wilen, 2010. "Voluntary Cooperation in the Commons? Evaluating the Sea State Program with Reduced Form and Structural Models," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(1), pages 131-154.
- Oses-Eraso, Nuria & Viladrich-Grau, Montserrat, 2007. "On the sustainability of common property resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 393-410, May.
- Ansink, Erik & Houba, Harold, 2016. "Sustainable agreements on stochastic river flow," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 92-117.
- Pedro Pintassilgo & Michael Finus & Marko Lindroos & Gordon Munro, 2010.
"Stability and Success of Regional Fisheries Management Organizations,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 46(3), pages 377-402, July.
- Finus, Michael & Lindroos, Marko & Munro, Gordon & Pintassilgo, Pedro, 2008. "Stability and Success of Regional Fisheries Management Organizations," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2008-11, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Michael Finus & Pedro Pintassilgo & Marko Lindroos & Gordon Munro, 2008. "Stability and Success of Regional Fisheries Management Organizations," Working Papers 2008.20, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Abbott, Joshua K. & Wilen, James E., 2009. "Regulation of fisheries bycatch with common-pool output quotas," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 195-204, March.
- Kaffine Daniel T & Costello Christopher, 2011.
"Unitization of Spatially Connected Renewable Resources,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Daniel T. Kaffine & Christopher J. Costello, 2010. "Unitization of spatially connected renewable resources," NBER Working Papers 16338, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tarui, Nori, 2004. "Common-Property Resource Use And Outside Options: Cooperation Across Generations In A Dynamic Game," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20029, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
KeywordsCommon property resource; Cooperation; Dynamic game; D62; Q20;
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:29:y:2006:i:1:p:71-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.