The forecasting performance of implied volatility index: evidence from India VIX
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bent Jesper Christensen & Charlotte Strunk Hansen, 2002. "New evidence on the implied-realized volatility relation," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 187-205, June.
- Sophocles Brissimis & George Hondroyiannis & Christos Papazoglou & Nicholas Tsaveas & Melina Vasardani, 2012.
"Current account determinants and external sustainability in periods of structural change,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 71-95, February.
- Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Hondroyiannis, George & Papazoglou, Christos & Tsaveas, Nicholas T. & Vasardani, Melina A., 2010. "Current account determinants and external sustainability in periods of structural change," Working Paper Series 1243, European Central Bank.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & George Hondroyiannis & Christos Papazoglou & Nicholas T. Tsaveas & Melina A. Vasardani, 2010. "Current account determinants and external sustainability in periods of structural change," Working Papers 117, Bank of Greece.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Konstantinidi, Eirini & Skiadopoulos, George, 2011.
"Are VIX futures prices predictable? An empirical investigation,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 543-560.
- Konstantinidi, Eirini & Skiadopoulos, George, 2011. "Are VIX futures prices predictable? An empirical investigation," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 543-560, April.
- Franck Moraux & Patrick Navatte & Christophe Villa, 1999. "The Predictive Power of the French Market Volatility Index: A Multi Horizons Study," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 2(3), pages 303-320.
- Holger Claessen & Stefan Mittnik, 2002.
"Forecasting stock market volatility and the informational efficiency of the DAX-index options market,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 302-321.
- Claessen, Holger & Mittnik, Stefan, 2002. "Forecasting stock market volatility and the informational efficiency of the DAX-index options market," CFS Working Paper Series 2002/04, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Konstantinidi, Eirini & Skiadopoulos, George & Tzagkaraki, Emilia, 2008. "Can the evolution of implied volatility be forecasted? Evidence from European and US implied volatility indices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2401-2411, November.
- Jozef Barunik & Michaela Barunikova, 2012. "Revisiting the fractional cointegrating dynamics of implied-realized volatility relation with wavelet band spectrum regression," Papers 1208.4831, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2013.
- Bart Frijns & Alireza Tourani-Rad & Yajie Zhang, 2008. "The New Zealand implied volatility index," New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 103-125.
- Charlotte Strunk Hansen, 2001. "The relation between implied and realised volatility in the Danish option and equity markets," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 41(3), pages 197-228.
- Steven Li & Qianqian Yang, 2009. "The relationship between implied and realized volatility: evidence from the Australian stock index option market," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 405-419, May.
- Roland Füss, 2005. "Financial Liberalization and Stock Price Behaviour in Asian Emerging Markets," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 37-62, March.
- S. Muzzioli, 2010. "Option-based forecasts of volatility: an empirical study in the DAX-index options market," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(6), pages 561-586.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Chiras, Donald P. & Manaster, Steven, 1978. "The information content of option prices and a test of market efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2-3), pages 213-234.
- Evangelia Papapetrou, 2013. "Oil prices and economic activity in Greece," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 46(4), pages 385-397, November.
- Federico M. Bandi & Benoit Perron, 2006.
"Long Memory and the Relation Between Implied and Realized Volatility,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(4), pages 636-670.
- Federico Bandi & Benoit Perron, 2003. "Long memory and the relation between implied and realized volatility," Econometrics 0305004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ser-Huang Poon & Clive W.J. Granger, 2003. "Forecasting Volatility in Financial Markets: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(2), pages 478-539, June.
- Xu, Xinzhong & Taylor, Stephen J., 1995. "Conditional volatility and the informational efficiency of the PHLX currency options market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 803-821, August.
- Jinghong Shu & Jin E. Zhang, 2012. "Causality in the VIX futures market," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(1), pages 24-46, January.
- Kanas, Angelos, 2012. "Modelling the risk–return relation for the S&P 100: The role of VIX," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 795-809.
- Bart Frijns & Christian Tallau & Alireza Tourani‐Rad, 2010. "The information content of implied volatility: Evidence from Australia," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(2), pages 134-155, February.
- James Kozyra & Camillo Lento, 2011. "Using VIX data to enhance technical trading signals," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(14), pages 1367-1370.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Silvia Muzzioli, 2007. "The relation between implied and realised volatility: are call options more informative than put options? Evidence from the DAX index options market," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 07101, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Christensen, B. J. & Prabhala, N. R., 1998. "The relation between implied and realized volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 125-150, November.
- Christensen, Bent Jesper & Nielsen, Morten Orregaard, 2006.
"Asymptotic normality of narrow-band least squares in the stationary fractional cointegration model and volatility forecasting,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 343-371, July.
- Bent Jesper Christensen & Morten Ø. Nielsen, "undated". "Semiparametric Analysis of Stationary Fractional Cointegration and the Implied-Realized Volatility Relation in High-Frequency Options Data," Economics Working Papers 2001-4, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- P. Swamy & Stephen Hall, 2012. "Measurement of causal effects," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 3-23, February.
- Silvia Muzzioli, 2013. "The Forecasting Performance of Corridor Implied Volatility in the Italian Market," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 41(3), pages 359-386, March.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:546-563 is not listed on IDEAS
- Puja Padhi & Imlak Shaikh, 2014. "On the relationship of implied, realized and historical volatility: evidence from NSE equity index options," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 915-934, November.
More about this item
KeywordsInformation content; Ex-ante and ex-post volatility; IVIX; India VIX; RiskMetrics; Measurement error; 2SLS; C53; G14;
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ecopln:v:47:y:2014:i:4:p:251-274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.