The information content of implied volatility in agricultural commodity markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pierre Giot, 2003. "The information content of implied volatility in agricultural commodity markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(5), pages 441-454, May.
- GIOT, Pierre, 2002. "The information content of implied volatility in agricultural commodity markets," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2002038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Athanasios Triantafyllou & George Dotsis & Alexandros Sarris, 2020. "Assessing the Vulnerability to Price Spikes in Agricultural Commodity Markets," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(3), pages 631-651, September.
- Kearney, Fearghal & Shang, Han Lin & Sheenan, Lisa, 2019.
"Implied volatility surface predictability: The case of commodity markets,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 108(C).
- Fearghal Kearney & Han Lin Shang & Lisa Sheenan, 2019. "Implied volatility surface predictability: the case of commodity markets," Papers 1909.11009, arXiv.org.
- Marc Bohmann & Vinay Patel, 2020. "Information Leakage in Energy Derivatives around News Announcements," Published Paper Series 2020-2, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Koopman, Siem Jan & Jungbacker, Borus & Hol, Eugenie, 2005.
"Forecasting daily variability of the S&P 100 stock index using historical, realised and implied volatility measurements,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 445-475, June.
- Eugenie Hol & Siem Jan Koopman & Borus Jungbacker, 2004. "Forecasting daily variability of the S\&P 100 stock index using historical, realised and implied volatility measurements," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 342, Society for Computational Economics.
- Siem Jan Koopman & Borus Jungbacker & Eugenie Hol, 2004. "Forecasting Daily Variability of the S&P 100 Stock Index using Historical, Realised and Implied Volatility Measurements," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-016/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Degiannakis, Stavros & Filis, George & Hassani, Hossein, 2015. "Forecasting implied volatility indices worldwide: A new approach," MPRA Paper 72084, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ranajit Chakraborty & Rahuldeb Das, 2015. "Do the Spot and Futures Markets for Commodities in India Move Together?," International Journal of Financial Economics, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 4(3), pages 150-159.
- Heejoon Han & Myung D. Park, 2013. "Comparison of Realized Measure and Implied Volatility in Forecasting Volatility," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(6), pages 522-533, September.
- Bentes, Sónia R., 2015. "A comparative analysis of the predictive power of implied volatility indices and GARCH forecasted volatility," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 424(C), pages 105-112.
- Pierre Giot & Sébastien Laurent, 2003.
"Value-at-risk for long and short trading positions,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(6), pages 641-663.
- GIOT, Pierre & LAURENT, Sébastien, 2001. "Value-at-risk for long and short trading positions," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2001022, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- GIOT, Pierre & LAURENT, Sébastien, 2003. "Value-at-Risk for long and short trading positions," LIDAM Reprints CORE 1707, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pierre Giot and S»bastien Laurent, 2001. "Value-At-Risk For Long And Short Trading Positions," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 94, Society for Computational Economics.
- Lima, Luiz Renato & Néri, Breno Pinheiro, 2007.
"Comparing Value-at-Risk Methodologies,"
Brazilian Review of Econometrics, Sociedade Brasileira de Econometria - SBE, vol. 27(1), May.
- Lima, Luiz Renato Regis de Oliveira & Neri, Breno de Andrade Pinheiro, 2006. "Comparing value-at-risk methodologies," FGV EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 629, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil).
- Luiz Renato Lima & Breno Pinheiro NÃ©ri, 2006. "Comparing Value-at-Risk Methodologies," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 1, Society for Computational Economics.
- Jungmu Kim & Yuen Jung Park, 2020. "Predictability of OTC Option Volatility for Future Stock Volatility," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(12), pages 1-23, June.
- Degiannakis, Stavros & Filis, George & Hassani, Hossein, 2018. "Forecasting global stock market implied volatility indices," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 111-129.
- Baldi, Lucia & Peri, Massimo & Vandone, Daniela, 2011. "Price Discovery in Agricultural Commodities: The Shifting Relationship Between Spot and Future Prices," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114237, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chao Liang & Yu Wei & Yaojie Zhang, 2020. "Is implied volatility more informative for forecasting realized volatility: An international perspective," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 39(8), pages 1253-1276, December.
- Heejoon Han & Shen Zhang, 2012. "Non‐stationary non‐parametric volatility model," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 15(2), pages 204-225, June.
- Huiling Yuan & Yong Zhou & Zhiyuan Zhang & Xiangyu Cui, 2019. "Forecasting security's volatility using low-frequency historical data, high-frequency historical data and option-implied volatility," Papers 1907.02666, arXiv.org.
- Degiannakis, Stavros, 2018.
"Multiple days ahead realized volatility forecasting: Single, combined and average forecasts,"
Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 41-61.
- Degiannakis, Stavros, 2018. "Multiple Days Ahead Realized Volatility Forecasting: Single, Combined and Average Forecasts," MPRA Paper 96272, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Youssef, Manel & Belkacem, Lotfi & Mokni, Khaled, 2015. "Value-at-Risk estimation of energy commodities: A long-memory GARCH–EVT approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 99-110.
- Bart Frijns & Alireza Tourani-Rad & Yajie Zhang, 2008. "The New Zealand implied volatility index," New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 103-125.
- Massimo Peri & Lucia Baldi & Daniela Vandone, 2013. "Price discovery in commodity markets," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 397-403, March.
- Adrian Fernandez‐Perez & Bart Frijns & Ilnara Gafiatullina & Alireza Tourani‐Rad, 2019. "Properties and the predictive power of implied volatility in the New Zealand dairy market," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 39(5), pages 612-631, May.
- Apostolos Kourtis & Raphael N. Markellos & Lazaros Symeonidis, 2016. "An International Comparison of Implied, Realized, and GARCH Volatility Forecasts," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(12), pages 1164-1193, December.
- Kai Schindelhauer & Chen Zhou, 2018. "Value-at-Risk prediction using option-implied risk measures," DNB Working Papers 613, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Glynn Tonsor & Ted Schroeder, 2011. "Multivariate forecasting of a commodity portfolio: application to cattle feeding margins and risk," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(11), pages 1329-1339.
- Slim, Skander & Dahmene, Meriam & Boughrara, Adel, 2020. "How informative are variance risk premium and implied volatility for Value-at-Risk prediction? International evidence," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 22-37.
More about this item
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvrp:1612. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.