Mortgage Product Substitution and State Anti-predatory Lending Laws: Better Loans and Better Borrowers?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas J. Holmes, 1998. "The Effect of State Policies on the Location of Manufacturing: Evidence from State Borders," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(4), pages 667-705, August.
- Sa-Aadu, J & Sirmans, C F, 1989. "The Pricing of Adjustable Rate Mortgage Contracts," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 253-266, December.
- Bostic, Raphael W. & Engel, Kathleen C. & McCoy, Patricia A. & Pennington-Cross, Anthony & Wachter, Susan M., 2008. "State and local anti-predatory lending laws: The effect of legal enforcement mechanisms," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 47-66.
- Anthony Pennington-Cross & Giang Ho, 2010.
"The Termination of Subprime Hybrid and Fixed-Rate Mortgages,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 38(3), pages 399-426.
- Anthony Pennington-Cross & Giang Ho, 2006. "The termination of subprime hybrid and fixed rate mortgages," Working Papers 2006-042, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Anthony Pennington-Cross & Giang Ho, 2008. "Predatory Lending Laws and the Cost of Credit," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 36(2), pages 175-211, June.
- Karen M. Pence, 2006. "Foreclosing on Opportunity: State Laws and Mortgage Credit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(1), pages 177-182, February.
- Danis, Michelle A. & Pennington-Cross, Anthony, 2008. "The delinquency of subprime mortgages," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 67-90.
- Ho, Giang & Pennington-Cross, Anthony, 2006.
"The impact of local predatory lending laws on the flow of subprime credit,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 210-228, September.
- Giang Ho & Anthony Pennington-Cross, 2006. "The impact of local predatory lending laws on the flow of subprime credit," Working Papers 2006-009, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Davidson, Andrew & Levin, Alex & Pavlov, Andrey D. & Wachter, Susan M., 2016. "Why are aggressive mortgage products bad for the housing market?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 148-161.
- Agarwal, Sumit & Amromin, Gene & Ben-David, Itzhak & Chomsisengphet, Souphala & Evanoff, Douglas D., 2014.
"Predatory lending and the subprime crisis,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 29-52.
- Agarwal, Sumit & Ben-David, Itzhak & Amromin, Gene & Chomsisengphet, Souphala & Evanoff, Douglas D., 2012. "Predatory Lending and the Subprime Crisis," Working Paper Series 2012-08, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Sumit Agarwal & Gene Amromin & Itzhak Ben-David & Souphala Chomsisengphet & Douglas D. Evanoff, 2013. "Predatory Lending and the Subprime Crisis," NBER Working Papers 19550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Michael Collins, 2014. "Protecting Mortgage Borrowers through Risk Awareness: Evidence from Variations in State Laws," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 124-146, March.
- Dimitrov, Valentin & Palia, Darius & Tang, Leo, 2015. "Impact of the Dodd-Frank act on credit ratings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 505-520.
More about this item
KeywordsMortgage; Predatory; Laws; Substitution; D04; D14; D18; G28; H70; K40; K42;
- D04 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Policy: Formulation; Implementation; Evaluation
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- D18 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Protection
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H70 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - General
- K40 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - General
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:atlecj:v:40:y:2012:i:3:p:273-294. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .