The Effect of State Policies on the Location of Manufacturing: Evidence from State Borders
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ichniowski, Casey & Zax, Jeffrey S, 1991. "Right-to-Work Laws, Free Riders, and Unionization in the Local Public Sector," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(3), pages 255-275, July.
- Ellwood, David T & Fine, Glenn, 1987. "The Impact of Right-to-Work Laws on Union Organizing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(2), pages 250-273, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Behroz Baraghoshi & Cihan Bilginsoy, 2013. "Interstate Variations in Private Sector Union Density in the U.S," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 180-202, June.
- Franklin G. Mixon & Rand W. Ressler, 1993. "Union Influence and Right‐to‐Work Law Passage," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 183-192, April.
- William M. Doerner & William G. Doerner, 2011.
"Collective Bargaining and Job Benefits in Florida Municipal Police Agencies, 2000-2009,"
wp2011_01_02, Department of Economics, Florida State University, revised Oct 2012.
- Doerner, William M. & Doerner, William G., 2011. "Collective Bargaining and Job Benefits in Florida Municipal Police Agencies, 2000-2009," MPRA Paper 86548, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2012.
- Budd, John W., 2000.
"The effect of strike replacement legislation on employment,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 225-247, March.
- Budd, J.W., 1995. "The Effect of Strike Replacement Legislation of Employment," Papers 95-04, Minnesota - Industrial Relations Center.
- James M. Poterba & Kim S. Rueben, 1998. "Fiscal Institutions and Public Sector Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 6659, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Currie, Janet & McConnell, Sheena, 1994. "The Impact of Collective-Bargaining Legislation on Disputes in the U.S. Public Sector: No Legislation May Be the Worst Legislation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 519-547, October.
- Lauren R. Heller & E. Frank Stephenson, 2014. "Economic Freedom And Labor Market Conditions: Evidence From The States," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 56-66, January.
- Xiaoyang Li, 2012. "Workers, Unions, and Takeovers," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 443-460, December.
- Jaime Saavedra-Chanduví & Máximo Torero, 2002.
"Union Density Changes and Union Effects On Firm Performance in Peru,"
Research Department Publications
3158, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Saavedra-Chanduví, Jaime & Torero, Máximo, 2011. "Union Density Changes and Union Effects on Firm Performance in Peru," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3282, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Jeffrey Clemens & Michael R. Strain, 2020. "Public Policy and Participation in Political Interest Groups: An Analysis of Minimum Wages, Labor Unions, and Effective Advocacy," NBER Working Papers 27902, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Qiu, Yue & Shen, Tao, 2017. "Organized labor and loan pricing: A regression discontinuity design analysis," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 407-428.
- Alexander Ljungqvist & Michael Smolyansky, 2014.
"To Cut or Not to Cut? On the Impact of Corporate Taxes on Employment and Income,"
NBER Working Papers
20753, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexander Ljungqvist & Michael Smolyansky, 2016. "To Cut or Not to Cut? On the Impact of Corporate Taxes on Employment and Income," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-6, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Susan Johnson, 2002. "Card Check or Mandatory Representation Vote? How the Type of Union Recognition Procedure Affects Union Certification Success," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(479), pages 344-361, April.
- Budd, John W & Na, In-Gang, 2000.
"The Union Membership Wage Premium for Employees Covered by Collective Bargaining Agreements,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(4), pages 783-807, October.
- Budd, J.W. & Na, I.G., 1994. "The Union Membership Wage Premium for Employees Covered by Collective Bargaining Agreements," Papers 94-09, Minnesota - Industrial Relations Center.
- Henry S. Farber, 2005. "Union Membership in the United States: The Divergence between the Public and Private Sectors," Working Papers 882, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Ozkan Eren & Masayuki Onda & Bulent Unel, 2016. "Effects of FDI on Entrepreneurial Activity: Evidence from Right-to-Work and Non-Right-to-Work States," Departmental Working Papers 2016-04, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Aobdia, Daniel & Cheng, Lin, 2018. "Unionization, product market competition, and strategic disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 331-357.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1987. "Contraction and Expansion: The Divergence of Private Sector and Public Sector Unionism in tht U.S," NBER Working Papers 2399, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Munasib, Abdul & Jordan, Jeffrey L. & Mathur, Aparna & Roy, Devesh, 2015. "Do Right to Work Laws Worsen Income Inequality? Evidence from the Last Five Decades," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205341, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Xing, Xuejing & Yan, Shan, 2018. "Labor unions and information asymmetry among investors," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 174-187.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:106:y:1998:i:4:p:667-705. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Journals Division (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.