Rating systems, procyclicality and Basel II: an evaluation in a general equilibrium framework
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Chiara Pederzoli & Costanza Torricelli & Dimitrios P. Tsomocos, 2008. "Rating systems, procyclicality and Basel II: an evaluation in a general equilibrium framework," OFRC Working Papers Series 2008fe27, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles A.E. Goodhart & Pojanart Sunirand & Dimitrios P. Tsomocos, 2005.
"A risk assessment model for banks,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 197-224, September.
- Goodhart, Charles & Sunirand, Pojanart & Tsomocos, Dimitrios P., 2004. "A risk assessment model for banks," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24750, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Charles A.E. Goodhart & Pojanart Sunirand & Dimitrios P. Tsomocos, 2004. "A Risk Assessment Model for Banks," OFRC Working Papers Series 2004fe11, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Nickell, Pamela & Perraudin, William & Varotto, Simone, 2000. "Stability of rating transitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 203-227, January.
- Gordy, Michael B. & Howells, Bradley, 2006. "Procyclicality in Basel II: Can we treat the disease without killing the patient?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 395-417, July.
- Repullo, Rafael & Suarez, Javier, 2008. "The Procyclical Effects of Basel II," CEPR Discussion Papers 6862, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Claudio Borio & Craig Furfine & Philip Lowe, 2001. "Procyclicality of the financial system and financial stability: issues and policy options," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Marrying the macro- and micro-prudential dimensions of financial stability, volume 1, pages 1-57 Bank for International Settlements.
- Goodhart, Charles A. E. & Sunirand, Pojanart & Tsomocos, Dimitrios P., 2004.
"A model to analyse financial fragility: applications,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 1-30, September.
- Charles A.E. Goodhart & Pojanart Sunirand & Dimitrios P. Tsomocos, 2004. "A Model to Analyse Financial Fragility: Applications," OFRC Working Papers Series 2004fe05, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Goodhart, Charles & Sunirand, Pojanart & Tsomocos, Dimitrios P., 2004. "A model to analyse financial fragility: applications," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24680, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Anil K. Kashyap & Jeremy C. Stein, 2004.
"Cyclical implications of the Basel II capital standards,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q I, pages 18-31.
- Pederzoli, Chiara & Torricelli, Costanza, 2005. "Capital requirements and business cycle regimes: Forward-looking modelling of default probabilities," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 3121-3140, December.
- Jokivuolle, Esa & Vesala, Timo, 2007. "Portfolio effects and efficiency of lending under Basel II," Research Discussion Papers 13/2007, Bank of Finland.
- Con Keating & Hyun Song Shin & Charles Goodhart & Jon Danielsson, 2001. "An Academic Response to Basel II," FMG Special Papers sp130, Financial Markets Group. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benjamin Tabak & Daniel Cajueiro & Dimas Fazio, 2013.
"Financial fragility in a general equilibrium model: the Brazilian case,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 519-541, August.
- Benjamin M. Tabak & Daniel O. Cajueiro & Dimas M. Fazio, 2010. "Financial Fragility in a General Equilibrium Model: the Brazilian case," Working Papers Series 229, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Olivier Bruno & Alexandra Girod, 2013.
"Procyclicality and Bank Portfolio Risk Level Under A Constant Leverage Ratio,"
- Olivier Bruno & Alexandra Girod, 2013. "Procyclicality and Bank Portfolio Risk Level under a Constant Leverage Ratio," GREDEG Working Papers 2013-35, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Lützenkirchen, Kristina & Rösch, Daniel & Scheule, Harald, 2014. "Asset portfolio securitizations and cyclicality of regulatory capital," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(1), pages 289-302.
- Lützenkirchen, Kristina & Rösch, Daniel & Scheule, Harald, 2013. "Ratings based capital adequacy for securitizations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5236-5247.
- Panayiotis P. Athanasoglou & Ioannis Daniilidis, 2011. "Procyclicality in the banking industry: causes, consequences and response," Working Papers 139, Bank of Greece.
More about this item
KeywordsProcyclicality; Rating systems; Basel II; General equilibrium; D58; E44; G21; G38;
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:annfin:v:6:y:2010:i:1:p:33-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.