Geostatistical Air Pollution Indexes in Spatial Hedonic Models: The case of Madrid, Spain
Recent work has shown how spatial econometrics can be applied to a housingvalue hedonic equation that includes air pollution variables. In this paper we propose a Spatial Durbin Model that incorporates an Air Pollution Index, instead of one or two pollution variables, and considers spatial and non-spatial endogeneity jointly. We do, however, assume both possibilities for the index: exogenous and endogenous. Unlike most empirical studies in the literature, we have focused our empirical analysis on a European city, Madrid. In order to do so, we constructed a massive data base in 2009 that includes almost 12,000 dwellings.
Volume (Year): 34 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Straszheim, Mahlon R, 1974. "Hedonic Estimation of Housing Market Prices: A Further Comment," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(3), pages 404-06, August.
- Robert A. Simons & Jesse D. Saginor, 2006. "A Meta-Analysis of the Effect of Environmental Contamination and Positive Amenities on Residential Real Estate Values," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 28(1), pages 71-104.
- G�ran Therborn & K.C. Ho, 2009. "Introduction," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 53-62, March.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard C. Ready, 2010. "Do Landfills Always Depress Nearby Property Values?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 32(3), pages 321-340.
- Kim, Chong Won & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 1998.
"Measuring The Benefits Of Air Quality Improvement: A Spatial Hedonic Approach,"
1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT
20959, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Won Kim, Chong & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 2003. "Measuring the benefits of air quality improvement: a spatial hedonic approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 24-39, January.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 2009. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Handbook of Research on Complexity, chapter 1 Edward Elgar.
- Jose M. Montero & Beatriz Larraz, 2011. "Interpolation methods for geographical data: Housing and commercial establishment markets," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 33(2), pages 233-244.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:34:n:2:2012:p:243-274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.