Spatial Hedonic Analysis of the Effects of US Wind Energy Facilities on Surrounding Property Values
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Haurin, Donald R. & Brasington, David, 1996. "School Quality and Real House Prices: Inter- and Intrametropolitan Effects," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 351-368, December.
- Ben Hoen & Ryan Wiser & Peter Cappers & Mark Thayer & Gautam Sethi, 2011. "Wind Energy Facilities and Residential Properties: The Effect of Proximity and View on Sales Prices," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 33(3), pages 279-316.
- Luc Anselin & Nancy Lozano-Gracia, 2008. "Errors in variables and spatial effects in hedonic house price models of ambient air quality," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 5-34, February.
- Geoffrey H. Donovan & Patricia A. Champ & David T. Butry, 2007. "Wildfire Risk and Housing Prices: A Case Study from Colorado Springs," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 83(2), pages 217-233.
- Slattery, Michael C. & Lantz, Eric & Johnson, Becky L., 2011. "State and local economic impacts from wind energy projects: Texas case study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7930-7940.
- Kelejian, Harry H & Prucha, Ingmar R, 1998.
"A Generalized Spatial Two-Stage Least Squares Procedure for Estimating a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 99-121, July.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1997. "A Generalized Spatial Two Stage Least Squares Procedure for Estimating a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances," Electronic Working Papers 97-002, University of Maryland, Department of Economics, revised Aug 1997.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Anselin, Luc, 2002. "Under the hood Issues in the specification and interpretation of spatial regression models," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 27(3), November.
- Zabel, Jeffrey E. & Guignet, Dennis, 2012. "A hedonic analysis of the impact of LUST sites on house prices," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 549-564.
- Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2010.
"Specification and estimation of spatial autoregressive models with autoregressive and heteroskedastic disturbances,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 53-67, July.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 2008. "Specification and Estimation of Spatial Autoregressive Models with Autoregressive and Heteroskedastic Disturbances," CESifo Working Paper Series 2448, CESifo Group Munich.
- Donald Haurin & David Brasington, 1996. "The Impact of School Quality on Real House Prices: Interjurisdictional Effects," Working Papers 010, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Sunak, Yasin & Madlener, Reinhard, 2012. "The Impact of Wind Farms on Property Values: A Geographically Weighted Hedonic Pricing Model," FCN Working Papers 3/2012, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN), revised Mar 2013.
- Irani Arraiz & David M. Drukker & Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 2010.
"A Spatial Cliff-Ord-Type Model With Heteroskedastic Innovations: Small And Large Sample Results,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 592-614.
- Irani Arraiz & David M. Drukker & Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 2008. "A Spatial Cliff-Ord-type Model with Heteroskedastic Innovations: Small and Large Sample Results," CESifo Working Paper Series 2485, CESifo Group Munich.
- Todd H. Kuethe, 2012. "Spatial Fragmentation and the Value of Residential Housing," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(1), pages 16-27.
- William H. Rogers, 2006. "A Market for Institutions: Assessing the Impact of Restrictive Covenants on Housing," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 82(4), pages 500-512.
- Sally Sims & Peter Dent & G. Reza Oskrochi, 2008. "Modelling the impact of wind farms on house prices in the UK," International Journal of Strategic Property Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 251-269, August.
- Richard C. Ready, 2010. "Do Landfills Always Depress Nearby Property Values?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 32(3), pages 321-340.
- Thomas J. Kane & Stephanie K. Riegg & Douglas O. Staiger, 2006. "School Quality, Neighborhoods, and Housing Prices," American Law and Economics Review, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 183-212.
- Anselin, Luc, 2002. "Under the hood : Issues in the specification and interpretation of spatial regression models," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 247-267, November.
- Brown, Jason P. & Pender, John & Wiser, Ryan & Lantz, Eric & Hoen, Ben, 2012. "Ex post analysis of economic impacts from wind power development in U.S. counties," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1743-1754.
- Robert A. Simons & Jesse D. Saginor, 2006. "A Meta-Analysis of the Effect of Environmental Contamination and Positive Amenities on Residential Real Estate Values," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 28(1), pages 71-104.
- Martin D. Heintzelman & Carrie M. Tuttle, 2012. "Values in the Wind: A Hedonic Analysis of Wind Power Facilities," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(3), pages 571-588.
- Richard J. Vyn & Ryan M. McCullough, 2014. "The Effects of Wind Turbines on Property Values in Ontario: Does Public Perception Match Empirical Evidence?," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 62(3), pages 365-392, September.
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2007. "Planning of renewables schemes: Deliberative and fair decision-making on landscape issues instead of reproachful accusations of non-cooperation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2692-2704, May.
- Freeman, A Myrick, III, 1979. " Hedonic Prices, Property Values and Measuring Environmental Benefits: A Survey of the Issues," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 81(2), pages 154-173.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:forpol:v:83:y:2017:i:c:p:29-35 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ris:apltrx:0323 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charlotte von Möllendorff & Heinz Welsch, 2017.
"Measuring Renewable Energy Externalities: Evidence from Subjective Well-being Data,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 93(1), pages 109-126.
- Charlotte von Moellendorff & Heinz Welsch, 2014. "Measuring Renewable Energy Externalities: Evidence from Subjective Well-Being Data," Working Papers V-373-14, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2014.
- Charlotte von Möllendorff & Heinz Welsch, 2015. "Measuring Renewable Energy Externalities: Evidence from Subjective Well-Being Data," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 779, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- repec:eee:renene:v:123:y:2018:i:c:p:301-311 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olivier JOALLAND & Tina RAMBONILAZA, 2017. "Assessing the impact of renewable energy infrastructure on the “tourist value” in rural landscapes: a spatial hedonic approach," Cahiers du GREThA 2017-10, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:116:y:2018:i:c:p:50-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sunak, Yasin & Madlener, Reinhard, 2014. "Local Impacts of Wind Farms on Property Values: A Spatial Difference-in-Differences Analysis," FCN Working Papers 1/2014, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN), revised Oct 2014.
- repec:tou:journl:v:46:y:2017:p:93-115 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:137:y:2017:i:c:p:195-206 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lion Hirth, 2015.
"The Optimal Share of Variable Renewables: How the Variability of Wind and Solar Power affects their Welfare-optimal Deployment,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Lion Hirth, 2013. "The Optimal Share of Variable Renewables. How the Variability of Wind and Solar Power Affects their Welfare-optimal Deployment," Working Papers 2013.90, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
More about this item
KeywordsTurbines; Wind; Property Value; Price; Hedonic; Spatial;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:51:y:2015:i:1:p:22-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.