Cycles and Common Cycles in Property and Related Sectors
This paper examines cycles and common cycles in the property market and the economy. While focusing on common cycles, the study also incorporates common trends in the meantime, so it covers the whole spectrum of dynamic analysis. It has been found that property shares common cycles, particularly with those sectors that are the user markets of property. The mechanisms of common cycles and the relative magnitudes of cycles of the sectors related to property are discussed to shed light on property market behavior.
Volume (Year): 6 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Asia Real Estate Society, 51 Monroe Street, Plaza E-6, Rockville, MD 20850, USA|
Web page: http://www.asres.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Asian Real Estate Society, 51 Monroe Street, Plaza E-6, Rockville, MD 20850, USA|
Web: http://www.asres.org/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lippi, Marco & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 1994.
"Common and uncommon trends and cycles,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 624-635, April.
- Engle, Robert F & Kozicki, Sharon, 1993. "Testing for Common Features: Reply," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(4), pages 393-95, October.
- Gil-Alana, L. A. & Robinson, P. M., 1997. "Testing of unit root and other nonstationary hypotheses in macroeconomic time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 241-268, October.
- Lee, H.S. & Siklos, P.L., 1991.
"Unit Roots and Seasonal Unit Roots in Macroeconomic Time Series: Canadian Evidence,"
91143, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics.
- Lee, Hahn Shik & Siklos, Pierre L., 1991. "Unit roots and seasonal unit roots in macroeconomic time series : Canadian evidence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 273-277, March.
- Mario Forni & Lucrezia Reichlin, 1996.
"Dynamic common factors in large cross-sections,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/10149, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Johansen, Søren & Juselius, Katarina, 1992. "Testing structural hypotheses in a multivariate cointegration analysis of the PPP and the UIP for UK," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 211-244.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987.
"Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015. "Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Rolf TSCHERNIG & Klaus F. ZIMMERMANN, 1992.
"Illusive Persistence in German Unemployment,"
Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain)
1992044, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Lindbeck, Assar & Snower, Dennis J., 1994.
"Patterns of Unemployment: An Insider-Outsider Analysis,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
960, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lindbeck, A. & Snower, D.J., 1992. "Patterns of Unemployment : An Insider-Outsider Analysis," Papers 520, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1993. "Testing for Common Features: Comment," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(4), pages 384-85, October.
- Robert F. Engle & Sharon Kozicki, 1990.
"Testing For Common Features,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0091, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vahid, F & Engle, Robert F, 1993. "Common Trends and Common Cycles," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 341-60, Oct.-Dec..
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Song, Frank M & Wu, Yangru, 1997. "Hysteresis in Unemployment: Evidence from 48 U.S. States," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(2), pages 235-43, April.
- Peijie Wang & Colin Lizieri & George Matysiak, 1997. "Information asymmetry, long-run relationship and price discovery in property investment markets," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 261-275.
- Osterwald-Lenum, Michael, 1992. "A Note with Quantiles of the Asymptotic Distribution of the Maximum Likelihood Cointegration Rank Test Statistics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 461-72, August.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Watson, Mark W., 1986. "Univariate detrending methods with stochastic trends," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 49-75, July.
- Engle, Robert F. & Issler, Joao Victor, 1995. "Estimating common sectoral cycles," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 83-113, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ire:issued:v:06:n:01:2003:p:22-42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IRER Secretary Office/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.