Has Trade Openness Increased all Portuguese Public Expenditures? A Detailed Time-Series Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Krolzig, Hans-Martin & Hendry, David F., 2001.
"Computer automation of general-to-specific model selection procedures,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 25(6-7), pages 831-866, June.
- Hans-Martin Krolzig & David Hendry, 1999. "Computer Automation of General-to-Specific Model Selection Procedures," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 314, Society for Computational Economics.
- David Hendry & Hans-Martin Krolzig, 2000. "Computer Automation of General-to-Specific Model Selection Procedures," Economics Series Working Papers 3, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Hans-Martin Krolzig, 2000. "Computer Automation of General-to-Specific Model Selection Procedures," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0411, Econometric Society.
- Axel Dreher & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Heinrich Ursprung, 2008.
"The impact of globalization on the composition of government expenditures: Evidence from panel data,"
Springer, vol. 134(3), pages 263-292, March.
- Axel Dreher & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Heinrich Ursprung, 2006. "The Impact of Globalization on the Composition of Government Expenditures: Evidence from Panel Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 1755, CESifo Group Munich.
- Axel Dreher & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 2006. "The Impact of Globalization on the Composition of Government Expenditures: Evidence from Panel Data," KOF Working papers 06-141, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Ruggie, John Gerard, 1982. "International regimes, transactions, and change: embedded liberalism in the postwar economic order," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(02), pages 379-415, March.
- Dani Rodrik, 1998.
"Why Do More Open Economies Have Bigger Governments?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 997-1032, October.
- Dani Rodrik, 1996. "Why Do More Open Economies Have Bigger Governments?," NBER Working Papers 5537, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1996. "Why do More Open Economies Have Bigger Governments?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1388, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pantelis Capros & Danièle Meulders, 1997. "Budgetary policy modelling: public expenditures," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13460, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Óscar Afonso & Álvaro Aguiar, 2004. "Comércio Externo e Crescimento da Economia Portuguesa no Século XX," FEP Working Papers 146, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- George Tridimas, 1992. "Budgetary Deficits and Government Expenditure Growth: Toward a More Accurate Empirical Specification," Public Finance Review, , vol. 20(3), pages 275-297, July.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1993.
"A Simple Estimator of Cointegrating Vectors in Higher Order Integrated Systems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 783-820, July.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "A simple estimator of cointegrating vectors in higher order integrated systems," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Bretschger, Lucas & Hettich, Frank, 2002.
"Globalisation, capital mobility and tax competition: theory and evidence for OECD countries,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 695-716, November.
- Bretschger, Lucas & Hettich, Frank, 2000. "Globalisation, capital mobility and tax competition: Theory and evidence for OECD countries," Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Diskussionspapiere 07/2000, University of Greifswald, Faculty of Law and Economics.
- Axel Dreher & Noel Gaston, 2007. "Has Globalisation Really had no Effect on Unions?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 165-186, May.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Rehm, Philipp, 2005. "Citizen support for the Welfare State: Determinants of preferences for income redistribution," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Institutions, States, Markets SP II 2005-02, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Dani Rodrik, 1997. "Has Globalization Gone Too Far?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 57.
- Andersen, Torben M. & Herbertsson, Tryggvi Thor, 2003. "Measuring Globalization," IZA Discussion Papers 817, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-927, October.
- MacKinnon, James G, 1996.
"Numerical Distribution Functions for Unit Root and Cointegration Tests,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 601-618, Nov.-Dec..
- James G. MacKinnon, 1995. "Numerical Distribution Functions for Unit Root and Cointegration Tests," Working Papers 918, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paulo Reis Mourão, 2011.
"Has Trade Openness Already Voted? A Panel Data Study,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 47(0), pages 53-71, November.
- Paulo Reis MourÃ£o, 2011. "Has Trade Openness Already Voted? A Panel Data Study," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(0), pages 53-71, November.
- Estela Sáenz & Marcela Sabaté & M. Gadea, 2013. "Trade openness and public expenditure. The Spanish case, 1960–2000," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 154(3), pages 173-195, March.
- Estela Sáenz Rodríguez & Marcela Sabaté Sort & Mª. Dolores Gadea Rivas, 2011. "¿Condiciona la apertura exterior el tamaño del sector público? Un panorama," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 198(3), pages 131-149, September.
More about this item
Keywordsglobalization; economic policy; government expenditure composition;
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
- H87 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - International Fiscal Issues; International Public Goods
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipf:finteo:v:31:y:2007:i:3:p:225-247. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Fabris). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ijfffhr.html .