Some Empirical Regularities in Market Shares
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rajeev Kohli & Raaj Sah, 2005. "Some Patterns of Market Shares of Brands Within and Across Product Categories," Working Papers 11-2005, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Raaj Sah & Rajeev Kohli, 2004. "Market Shares: Some Power Law Results and Observations," Working Papers 0401, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Rajeev Kohli & Raaj Sah, 2005. "Some Patterns of Market Shares of Brands Within and Across Product Categories," Working Papers 0604, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gurumurthy Kalyanaram & William T. Robinson & Glen L. Urban, 1995. "Order of Market Entry: Established Empirical Generalizations, Emerging Empirical Generalizations, and Future Research," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages 212-221.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1975. "Transcendental Logarithmic Utility Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 367-383, June.
- Uncles, Mark D. & Ehrenberg, Andrew S. C. & Goodhardt, Gerald J., 2004. "Reply to commentary on "Understanding brand performance measures: using Dirichlet benchmarks"," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(12), pages 1329-1330, December.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "New Methods in Statistical Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71, pages 421-421.
- Chung, Kee H & Cox, Raymond A K, 1994. "A Stochastic Model of Superstardom: An Application of the Yule Distribution," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 771-775, November.
- Peter M. Guadagni & John D. C. Little, 1983. "A Logit Model of Brand Choice Calibrated on Scanner Data," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(3), pages 203-238.
- Brock, W A, 1999. "Scaling in Economics: A Reader's Guide," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 409-446, September.
- Ehrenberg, Andrew S. C. & Uncles, Mark D. & Goodhardt, Gerald J., 2004. "Understanding brand performance measures: using Dirichlet benchmarks," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(12), pages 1307-1325, December.
- Frank M. Bass, 1995. "Empirical Generalizations and Marketing Science: A Personal View," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages 6-19.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hisano, Ryohei & Mizuno, Takayuki, 2011. "Sales distribution of consumer electronics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(2), pages 309-318.
- Rustam Ibragimov & Johan Walden, 2010. "Optimal Bundling Strategies Under Heavy-Tailed Valuations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(11), pages 1963-1976, November.
- P.J. Lamberson, 2016. "Winner-take-all or long tail? A behavioral model of markets with increasing returns," System Dynamics Review, System Dynamics Society, vol. 32(3-4), pages 233-260, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Graham, Charles & Khan, Kamran & Ilyas, Muhammad, 2019. "Estimating the value of passing trade from pedestrian density," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 103-111.
- Trinh, Giang & Lam, Desmond, 2016. "Understanding the attendance at cultural venues and events with stochastic preference models," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 3538-3544.
- Trinh, Giang & Corsi, Armando & Lockshin, Larry, 2019. "How country of origins of food products compete and grow," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 231-241.
- Tanusondjaja, Arry & Nenycz-Thiel, Magda & Dawes, John & Kennedy, Rachel, 2018. "Portfolios: Patterns in brand penetration, market share, and hero product variants," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 211-217.
- Gauthier Casteran & Polymeros Chrysochou & Lars Meyer-Waarden, 2019. "Brand loyalty evolution and the impact of category characteristics," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 57-73, March.
- William Boulding & Markus Christen, 2009. "Pioneering Plus a Broad Product Line Strategy: Higher Profits or Deeper Losses?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(6), pages 958-967, June.
- Selçuk, Faruk & Gençay, Ramazan, 2006. "Intraday dynamics of stock market returns and volatility," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 367(C), pages 375-387.
- Jérôme Chave & Simon Levin, 2003. "Scale and Scaling in Ecological and Economic Systems," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 26(4), pages 527-557, December.
- Uncles, Mark D. & Kwok, Simon, 2009. "Patterns of store patronage in urban China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 68-81, January.
- Jolley, Bill & Mizerski, Richard & Olaru, Doina, 2006. "How habit and satisfaction affects player retention for online gambling," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(6), pages 770-777, June.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 2000. "Competing with Experience Goods," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0771, Econometric Society.
- Nardi, Vinicius Antonio Machado & Jardim, William Carvalho & Ladeira, Wagner Júnior & Santini, Fernando, 2020. "A meta-analysis of the relationship between customer participation and brand outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 450-460.
- Buzzell, Robert D., 2004. "The PIMS program of strategy research: A retrospective appraisal," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(5), pages 478-483, May.
- Giang Trinh & Jenni Romaniuk & Arry Tanusondjaja, 2016. "Benchmarking buyer behavior towards new brands," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 743-752, December.
- Anesbury, Zachary William & Talbot, Danielle & Day, Chanel Andrea & Bogomolov, Tim & Bogomolova, Svetlana, 2020. "The fallacy of the heavy buyer: Exploring purchasing frequencies of fresh fruit and vegetable categories," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 53(C).
- Bettencourt, Luis M.A. & Lobo, Jose & Strumsky, Deborah, 2007. "Invention in the city: Increasing returns to patenting as a scaling function of metropolitan size," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 107-120, February.
- Winchester, Maxwell & Lees, Gavin, 2013. "Do radio stations in New Zealand target successfully?," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 52-58.
- Nitin Mehta, 2007. "Investigating Consumers' Purchase Incidence and Brand Choice Decisions Across Multiple Product Categories: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(2), pages 196-217, 03-04.
- Dawes, John, 2020. "The Natural Monopoly effect in brand purchasing: Do big brands really appeal to lighter category buyers?," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 90-99.
- Trinh, Giang & Dawes, John, 2020. "A comparison of brand loyalty between on the go and take-home consumption purchases," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 53(C).
More about this item
Keywordsmarketing; product policy; competitive strategy;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:52:y:2006:i:11:p:1792-1798. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.