To Zap or Not to Zap: A Study of the Determinants of Channel Switching During Commercials
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Pieters, R. & Bijmolt, T.H.A., 1997. "Consumer memory for television advertising : A field study of duration, serial position and competition effects," Other publications TiSEM 1ae20014-8470-4056-8e3d-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Dipak C. Jain & Naufel J. Vilcassim, 1991. "Investigating Household Purchase Timing Decisions: A Conditional Hazard Function Approach," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(1), pages 1-23.
- Kristiaan Helsen & David C. Schmittlein, 1993. "Analyzing Duration Times in Marketing: Evidence for the Effectiveness of Hazard Rate Models," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(4), pages 395-414.
- Schumann, David W & Petty, Richard E & Clemons, D Scott, 1990. " Predicting the Effectiveness of Different Strategies of Advertising Variation: A Test of the Repetition-Variation Hypotheses," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 192-202, September.
- Petty, Richard E & Cacioppo, John T & Schumann, David, 1983. " Central and Peripheral Routes to Advertising Effectiveness: The Moderating Role of Involvement," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 135-146, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rojas-Méndez, José I. & Davies, Gary & Madran, Canan, 2009. "Universal differences in advertising avoidance behavior: A cross-cultural study," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(10), pages 947-954, October.
- Thales S. Teixeira & Michel Wedel & Rik Pieters, 2010. "Moment-to-Moment Optimal Branding in TV Commercials: Preventing Avoidance by Pulsing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(5), pages 783-804, 09-10.
- Lucia Reisch & Clive L Spash & Sabine Bietz, 2008. "Sustainable Consumption and Mass Communication: A German Experiment," Socio-Economics and the Environment in Discussion (SEED) Working Paper Series 2008-12, CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems.
- Soni, Mayank Jyotsna, 2013. "Advertisement Placement in TV Programs: Different Roles of ELM and Mood Protection Mechanism," IIMA Working Papers WP2013-03-02, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Pruyn, Ad & Riezebos, Rik, 2001. "Effects of the awareness of social dilemmas on advertising budget-setting: A scenario study," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 43-60, February.
- Kenneth C. Wilbur, 2008. "A Two-Sided, Empirical Model of Television Advertising and Viewing Markets," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(3), pages 356-378, 05-06.
- Hans Jarle Kind & Tore Nilssen & Lars Sørgard, 2009.
"Business Models for Media Firms: Does Competition Matter for How They Raise Revenue?,"
INFORMS, vol. 28(6), pages 1112-1128, 11-12.
- Hans Jarle Kind & Tore Nilssen & Lars SÃ¸rgard, 2009. "Business Models for Media Firms: Does Competition Matter for how they Raise Revenue?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2713, CESifo Group Munich.
- Esther Gal-Or & Mordechai Gal-Or & Jerrold H. May & William E. Spangler, 2006. "Targeted Advertising Strategies on Television," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(5), pages 713-725, May.
- Anthony Dukes & Esther Gal–Or, 2003. "Negotiations and Exclusivity Contracts for Advertising," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(2), pages 222-245, November.
More about this item
KeywordsAdvertising and Media; Econometric Modeling; Zapping; Single-source data analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:17:y:1998:i:2:p:124-138. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.