Moment-to-Moment Optimal Branding in TV Commercials: Preventing Avoidance by Pulsing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sueyoshi, Glenn T, 1995. "A Class of Binary Response Models for Grouped Duration Data," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 411-431, Oct.-Dec..
- Prasad A. Naik & Murali K. Mantrala & Alan G. Sawyer, 1998. "Planning Media Schedules in the Presence of Dynamic Advertising Quality," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(3), pages 214-235.
- Michel Wedel & Rik Pieters, 2000. "Eye Fixations on Advertisements and Memory for Brands: A Model and Findings," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(4), pages 297-312, October.
- Fred M. Feinberg, 2001. "On Continuous-Time Optimal Advertising Under S-Shaped Response," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(11), pages 1476-1487, November.
- Minhi Hahn & Jin-Sok Hyun, 1991. "Advertising Cost Interactions and the Optimality of Pulsing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(2), pages 157-169, February.
- Paul Gustafson & S. Siddarth, 2007. "Describing the Dynamics of Attention to TV Commercials: A Hierarchical Bayes Analysis of the Time to Zap an Ad," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(5), pages 585-609.
- S. Siddarth & Amitava Chattopadhyay, 1998. "To Zap or Not to Zap: A Study of the Determinants of Channel Switching During Commercials," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(2), pages 124-138.
- Rik Pieters & Michel Wedel & Jie Zhang, 2007. "Optimal Feature Advertising Design Under Competitive Clutter," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(11), pages 1815-1828, November.
- Monica Billio & Roberto Casarin & Domenico Sartore, 2007. "Bayesian Inference on Dynamic Models with Latent Factors," Working Papers 2007_34, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Gustav Feichtinger & Richard F. Hartl & Suresh P. Sethi, 1994. "Dynamic Optimal Control Models in Advertising: Recent Developments," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(2), pages 195-226, February.
- Martin, Andrew D. & Quinn, Kevin M., 2002. "Dynamic Ideal Point Estimation via Markov Chain Monte Carlo for the U.S. Supreme Court, 1953–1999," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(02), pages 134-153, March.
- Mohamed Lachaab & Asim Ansari & Kamel Jedidi & Abdelwahed Trabelsi, 2006. "Modeling preference evolution in discrete choice models: A Bayesian state-space approach," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 57-81, March.
- Frank M. Bass & Norris Bruce & Sumit Majumdar & B. P. S. Murthi, 2007. "Wearout Effects of Different Advertising Themes: A Dynamic Bayesian Model of the Advertising-Sales Relationship," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(2), pages 179-195, 03-04.
- Janiszewski, Chris, 1998. " The Influence of Display Characteristics on Visual Exploratory Search Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 290-301, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:joinma:v:35:y:2016:i:c:p:27-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joinma:v:27:y:2013:i:2:p:130-140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta & Harikesh S. Nair, 2011. "Structural Workshop Paper --Discrete-Choice Models of Consumer Demand in Marketing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(6), pages 977-996, November.
- repec:eee:joinma:v:37:y:2017:i:c:p:75-88 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khachatryan, Hayk & Behe, Bridget K. & Campbell, Benjamin L. & Hall, Charles R. & Dennis, Jennifer H., 2013. "Does Eye Tracking Reveal More About the Effects of Buying Impulsiveness on the Green Industry Consumer Choice Behavior?," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150333, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Peter Stüttgen & Peter Boatwright & Robert T. Monroe, 2012. "A Satisficing Choice Model," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(6), pages 878-899, November.
- repec:ibn:ijefaa:v:10:y:2018:i:1:p:191-203 is not listed on IDEAS
- Campbell, Benjamin L. & Behe, Bridget K. & Khachatryan, Hayk & Hall, Charles R. & Dennis, Jennifer H. & Huddleston, Patricia T. & Fernandez, R. Thomas, 2013. "Incorporating Eye Tracking Technology and Conjoint Analysis to Better Understand the Green Industry Consumer," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150431, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jason A. Duan & Leigh McAlister & Shameek Sinha, 2011. "Commentary--Reexamining Bayesian Model-Comparison Evidence of Cross-Brand Pass-Through," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(3), pages 550-561, 05-06.
More about this item
Keywordscommercial avoidance; branding; attention; dynamic probit model; optimization; pulsing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:29:y:2010:i:5:p:783-804. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.