Multistage multiproduct advertising budgeting
We propose and analyze an effective model for the Multistage Multiproduct Advertising Budgeting problem. This model optimizes the advertising investment for several products, by considering cross elasticities, different sales drivers and the whole planning horizon. We derive a simple procedure to compute the optimal advertising budget and its optimal allocation. The model was tested to plan a realistic advertising campaign. We observed that the multistage approach may significantly increase the advertising profit, compared to the successive application of the single stage approach.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Danaher, Peter J. & Rust, Roland T., 1996. "Determining the optimal return on investment for an advertising campaign," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 511-521, December.
- Prasad A. Naik & Murali K. Mantrala & Alan G. Sawyer, 1998. "Planning Media Schedules in the Presence of Dynamic Advertising Quality," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(3), pages 214-235.
- Luca Grosset & Bruno Viscolani, 2004. "Advertising for a new product introduction: A stochastic approach," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 149-167, June.
- Ahmadi-Javid, Amir & Hoseinpour, Pooya, 2012. "On a cooperative advertising model for a supply chain with one manufacturer and one retailer," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(2), pages 458-466.
- John D. C. Little, 2004. "Models and Managers: The Concept of a Decision Calculus," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(12_supple), pages 1841-1853, December.
- Buratto, Alessandra & Grosset, Luca & Viscolani, Bruno, 2006. "Advertising a new product in a segmented market," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(2), pages 1262-1267, December.
- Alessandra Buratto & Luca Grosset, 2006. "A communication mix for an event planning: a linear quadratic approach," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 247-259, September.
- Mesak, Hani I. & Calloway, James A., 1995. "A pulsing model of advertising competition: A game theoretic approach, part A -- Theoretical foundation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 231-248, October.
- Wierenga, Berend, 1981. "Modelling impact of advertising and optimizing advertising policy: an application in recreation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 235-248, November.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521497190 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frank M. Bass & Norris Bruce & Sumit Majumdar & B. P. S. Murthi, 2007. "Wearout Effects of Different Advertising Themes: A Dynamic Bayesian Model of the Advertising-Sales Relationship," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(2), pages 179-195, 03-04.
- Prasad A. Naik & Kalyan Raman & Russell S. Winer, 2005. "Planning Marketing-Mix Strategies in the Presence of Interaction Effects," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(1), pages 25-34, June.
- Fred M. Feinberg, 2001. "On Continuous-Time Optimal Advertising Under S-Shaped Response," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(11), pages 1476-1487, November.
- Alessandra Buratto & Luca Grosset & Bruno Viscolani, 2007. "Advertising coordination games of a manufacturer and a retailer while introducing a new product," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 307-321, December.
- Du, Rong & Hu, Qiying & Ai, Shizhong, 2007. "Stochastic optimal budget decision for advertising considering uncertain sales responses," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(3), pages 1042-1054, December.
- Bhattacharya, U.K., 2009. "A chance constraints goal programming model for the advertising planning problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(2), pages 382-395, January.
- S. Sriram & Manohar U. Kalwani, 2007. "Optimal Advertising and Promotion Budgets in Dynamic Markets with Brand Equity as a Mediating Variable," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(1), pages 46-60, January.
- Peter Doyle & John Saunders, 1990. "Multiproduct Advertising Budgeting," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(2), pages 97-113.
- Petr Mariel & Joel Sandonis, 2004. "A model of advertising with application to the German automobile industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 83-92.
- Swami, Sanjeev & Dutta, Arindam, 2010. "Advertising strategies for new product diffusion in emerging markets: Propositions and analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 204(3), pages 648-661, August.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521497701 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:225:y:2013:i:1:p:179-188. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.