Do Emerging Equity Markets Respond Symmetrically to US Market Upturns and Downturns? Evidence from Latin America
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harrison Hong & Terence Lim & Jeremy C. Stein, 2000.
"Bad News Travels Slowly: Size, Analyst Coverage, and the Profitability of Momentum Strategies,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(1), pages 265-295, February.
- Harrison Hong & Terence Lim & Jeremy C. Stein, 1998. "Bad News Travels Slowly: Size, Analyst Coverage and the Profitability of Momentum Strategies," NBER Working Papers 6553, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gervais, Simon & Odean, Terrance, 2001.
"Learning to be Overconfident,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 1-27.
- Simon Gervais & Terrance Odean, "undated". "Learning To Be Overconfident," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 5-97, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Simon Gervais & Terrance Odean, "undated". "Learning To Be Overconfident," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 05-97, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Gregory W. Brown & Michael T. Cliff, 2005. "Investor Sentiment and Asset Valuation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 405-440, March.
- Verma, Rahul & Ozuna, Teofilo, 2005. "Are emerging equity markets responsive to cross-country macroeconomic movements?: Evidence from Latin America," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 73-87, January.
- Richardson, Matthew & Smith, Tom, 1993. "A Test for Multivariate Normality in Stock Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(2), pages 295-321, April.
- Harvey, Campbell R. & Zhou, Guofu, 1993.
"International asset pricing with alternative distributional specifications,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 107-131, June.
- Campbell R. Harvey & Guofu Zhou, 1993. "International asset pricing with alternative distributional specifications," CEMA Working Papers 277, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Christofi, A. & Pericli, A., 1999. "Correlation in price changes and volatility of major Latin American stock markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 79-93, January.
- Gokce Soydemir, 2002. "The impact of the movements in US threemonth Treasury bill yields on the equity markets in Latin America," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 77-84.
- Sam Peltzman, 2000.
"Prices Rise Faster than They Fall,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 466-502, June.
- Sam Peltzman, 1998. "Prices Rise Faster Than They Fall," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 142, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Kent Daniel & David Hirshleifer & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 1998. "Investor Psychology and Security Market Under- and Overreactions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(6), pages 1839-1885, December.
- Koop, Gary & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M., 1996. "Impulse response analysis in nonlinear multivariate models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 119-147, September.
- Bailey, Warren & Chung, Y. Peter, 1995. "Exchange Rate Fluctuations, Political Risk, and Stock Returns: Some Evidence from an Emerging Market," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(04), pages 541-561, December.
- Pettengill, Glenn N. & Sundaram, Sridhar & Mathur, Ike, 1995. "The Conditional Relation between Beta and Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 101-116, March.
- Harrison Hong & Jeremy C. Stein, 1999.
"A Unified Theory of Underreaction, Momentum Trading, and Overreaction in Asset Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 2143-2184, December.
- Harrison Hong & Jeremy C. Stein, 1997. "A Unified Theory of Underreaction, Momentum Trading and Overreaction in Asset Markets," NBER Working Papers 6324, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Genberg, Hans & Salemi, Michael K. & Swoboda, Alexander, 1987. "The relative importance of foreign and domestic disturbances for aggregate fluctuations in the open economy : Switzerland, 1964-1981," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 45-67, January.
- Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998.
"Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1997. "Generalised Impulse Response Analysis in Linear Multivariate Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Choudhry, Taufiq, 1997. "Stochastic Trends in Stock Prices: Evidence from Latin American Markets," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 285-304, April.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1996.
"Cointegration and speed of convergence to equilibrium,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 117-143.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Shin, Y., 1993. "Cointegration and Speed of Convergence to Equilibrium," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9311, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Edward Ng, 1998. "Asymmetric Price Response to Supply: Evidence from Singapore," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 1(1), pages 45-63.
- Nikiforos Laopodis, 2001. "Time-Varying Behavior and Asymmetry in EMS Exchange Rates," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 81-94.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cristhian Mellado & Diego Escobari, 2015.
"Virtual integration of financial markets: a dynamic correlation analysis of the creation of the Latin American Integrated Market,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(19), pages 1956-1971, April.
- Mellado, Cristhian & Escobari, Diego, 2014. "Virtual Integration of Financial Markets: A Dynamic Correlation Analysis of the Creation of the Latin American Integrated Market," MPRA Paper 60958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsequity markets; Latin America; response asymmetries;
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:4:y:2005:i:3:p:193-208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbfcutw.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.