Evaluate the Effectiveness of Manager Compensation
This study develops a conceptual model for compensation from firm and manager perspectives. We identify the negotiating range for a compensation plan and adopt a dynamic bargaining game to optimize the equilibrium of base salary and bonus.
Volume (Year): 11 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ijbe.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. Andergassen, 2005.
"High powered Incentives and Fraudulent Behavior: Stock based versus Stock Option based Compensation,"
542, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Andergassen, Rainer, 2008. "High-powered incentives and fraudulent behavior: Stock-based versus stock option-based compensation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 122-125, November.
- Fershtman, Chaim & Gneezy, Uri, 2001.
"Strategic Delegation: An Experiment,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(2), pages 352-68, Summer.
- Salvatore Piccolo & Jeanine Miklós-Thal, 2012.
"Colluding through suppliers,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 43(3), pages 492-513, 09.
- E. Paul Durrenberger, 2012. "Labour," Chapters, in: A Handbook of Economic Anthropology, Second Edition, chapter 8 Edward Elgar.
- Joshua S. Gans & Andrew Leigh, 2012.
"Bargaining Over Labour: Do Patients Have Any Power?,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(281), pages 182-194, 06.
- Gans, Joshua S. & Leigh, Andrew, 2011. "Bargaining Over Labor: Do Patients Have Any Power?," IZA Discussion Papers 6165, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joshua S. Gans & Andrew Leigh, 2006. "Bargaining Over Labor: Do Patients have any Power?," CEPR Discussion Papers 528, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Misra, Sanjog & Nair, Harikesh, 2009.
"A Structural Model of Sales-Force Compensation Dynamics: Estimation and Field Implementation,"
2037, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Sanjog Misra & Harikesh Nair, 2011. "A structural model of sales-force compensation dynamics: Estimation and field implementation," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 211-257, September.
- Miller, Nolan H & Pazgal, Amit I, 2001. "The Equivalence of Price and Quantity Competition with Delegation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(2), pages 284-301, Summer.
- Crutchley, Claire E. & Minnick, Kristina, 2012. "Cash versus incentive compensation: Lawsuits and director pay," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(7), pages 907-913.
- Ke Yang, 2010. "Limit-Pricing and Learning-By-Doing: A Dynamic Game with Incomplete Information," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 9(3), pages 201-212, December.
- Giummo, Jesse, 2010. "German employee inventors' compensation records: A window into the returns to patented inventions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 969-984, September.
- Kissan Joseph & Alex Thevaranjan, 1998. "Monitoring and Incentives in Sales Organizations: An Agency-Theoretic Perspective," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(2), pages 107-123.
- Arjen van Witteloostuijn & Thijs Jansen & Arie van Lier, 2007. "Bargaining over managerial contracts in delegation games: managerial power, contract disclosure and cartel behavior," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(8), pages 897-904.
- Steven M. Shugan, 2002. "Editorial: Marketing Science, Models, Monopoly Models, and Why We Need Them," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(3), pages 223-228.
- Ayşe Mumcu, 2010. "Strategic Withholding Of Firm-Specific Skills In Wage Bargaining," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 57(2), pages 187-211, 05.
- Bizjak, John & Lemmon, Michael & Nguyen, Thanh, 2011. "Are all CEOs above average? An empirical analysis of compensation peer groups and pay design," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 538-555, June.
- Luigi Ermini & David F. Hendry, 2008.
"Log Income vs. Linear Income: An Application of the Encompassing Principle,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(s1), pages 807-827, December.
- Luigi Ermini & David F. Hendry, 1991. "Log Income vs. Linear Income: An Application of the Encompassing Principle," Working Papers 199111, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Ni-Na Yan & Bao-Wen Sun, 2012. "Optimal Stackelberg Strategies For Closed-Loop Supply Chain With Third-Party Reverse Logistics," Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research (APJOR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 29(05), pages 1250026-1-1.
- Gwenlyn M. Busby & Heidi J. Albers & Claire A. Montgomery, 2012. "Wildfire Risk Management in a Landscape with Fragmented Ownership and Spatial Interactions," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(3), pages 496-517.
- Amiya K. Basu & Rajiv Lal & V. Srinivasan & Richard Staelin, 1985. "Salesforce Compensation Plans: An Agency Theoretic Perspective," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(4), pages 267-291.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:11:y:2012:i:1:p:25-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.