The Exact Distribution of LIML: II
It is shown that the exact finite sample distribution of the limited information maximum likelihood (LIML) estimator in a general and leading single equation case is multivariate Cauchy. When the LIML estimator utilizes a known error covariance matrix (LIMLK) it is proved that the same Cauchy distribution still applies. The corresponding result for the instrumental variable (IV) estimator is a form of multivariate t density where the degrees of freedom depend on the number of instruments.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 26 (1985)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0020-6598 Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fuller, Wayne A, 1977. "Some Properties of a Modification of the Limited Information Estimator," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(4), pages 939-53, May.
- Kelejian, Harry H, 1974. "Random Parameters in a Simultaneous Equation Framework: Identification and Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 517-27, May.
- Naoto Kunitomo, 1981. "On A Third Order Optimum Property of The LIML Estimator When the Sample Size is Large," Discussion Papers 502, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Wegge, Leon L, 1971. "The Finite Sampling Distribution of Least Squares Estimators with Stochastic Regressors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(2), pages 241-51, March.
- Mariano, Roberto S, 1977. "Finite Sample Properties of Instrumental Variable Estimators of Structural Coefficients," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(2), pages 487-96, March.
- Phillips, P C B, 1980. "Finite Sample Theory and the Distributions of Alternative Estimators of the Marginal Propensity to Consume," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 183-224, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ier:iecrev:v:26:y:1985:i:1:p:21-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.