The Exact Distribution of LIML: I
It is shown that the exact finite sample distribution of the limited information maximum likelihood (LIML) estimator in a general and leading single equation case is multivariate Cauchy. When the LIML estimator utilizes a known error covariance matrix (LIMLK) it is proved that the same Cauchy distribution still applies. The corresponding result for the instrumental variable (IV) estimator is a form of multivariate t density where the degrees of freedom depend on the number of instruments.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 25 (1984)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 160 McNeil Building, 3718 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6297|
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0020-6598 Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Naoto Kunitomo, 1981. "On A Third Order Optimum Property of The LIML Estimator When the Sample Size is Large," Discussion Papers 502, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Fuller, Wayne A, 1977. "Some Properties of a Modification of the Limited Information Estimator," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(4), pages 939-953, May.
- Wegge, Leon L, 1971. "The Finite Sampling Distribution of Least Squares Estimators with Stochastic Regressors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(2), pages 241-251, March.
- P. C. B. Phillips, 1980. "Finite Sample Theory and the Distributions of Alternative Estimators of the Marginal Propensity to Consume," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 183-224.
- Kelejian, Harry H, 1974. "Random Parameters in a Simultaneous Equation Framework: Identification and Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 517-527, May.
- Mariano, Roberto S, 1977. "Finite Sample Properties of Instrumental Variable Estimators of Structural Coefficients," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(2), pages 487-496, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ier:iecrev:v:25:y:1984:i:1:p:249-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.