The Exact Distribution of LIML: II
This paper derives the exact probability density function of the limited information maximum likelihood (LIML) estimator of the coefficient vector of the endogenous variables in a structural equation containing n+1 endogenous variables and L >= 1 degrees of overidentification. This generalizes the presently known results for the two endogenous variable case (n+1 = 2) and the leading case analyses in the author's earlier paper (1982). Upon appropriate symbolic translation the results may be applied directly to the maximum likelihood estimator in the multivariate linear functional relationship.
|Date of creation:||Feb 1983|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in International Economic Review (February 1985), 26(1): 21-36|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (203) 432-3702
Fax: (203) 432-6167
Web page: http://cowles.econ.yale.edu/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Cowles Foundation, Yale University, Box 208281, New Haven, CT 06520-8281 USA|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fuller, Wayne A, 1977. "Some Properties of a Modification of the Limited Information Estimator," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(4), pages 939-53, May.
- Naoto Kunitomo, 1981. "On A Third Order Optimum Property of The LIML Estimator When the Sample Size is Large," Discussion Papers 502, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Mariano, Roberto S, 1977. "Finite Sample Properties of Instrumental Variable Estimators of Structural Coefficients," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(2), pages 487-96, March.
- Wegge, Leon L, 1971. "The Finite Sampling Distribution of Least Squares Estimators with Stochastic Regressors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(2), pages 241-51, March.
- Kelejian, Harry H, 1974. "Random Parameters in a Simultaneous Equation Framework: Identification and Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 517-27, May.
- Phillips, P C B, 1980. "Finite Sample Theory and the Distributions of Alternative Estimators of the Marginal Propensity to Consume," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 183-224, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cwl:cwldpp:663. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Glena Ames)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.