An Edible Energy Return on Investment (EEROI) Analysis of Wheat and Rice in Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nassiri, Seyed Mehdi & Singh, Surendra, 2009. "Study on energy use efficiency for paddy crop using data envelopment analysis (DEA) technique," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(7-8), pages 1320-1325, July.
- Singh, H. & Singh, A.K. & Kushwaha, H.L. & Singh, Amit, 2007. "Energy consumption pattern of wheat production in India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1848-1854.
- Azam Khan, M. & Singh, Gajendra, 1996. "Energy inputs and crop production in Western Pakistan," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 45-53.
- Robert E. Evenson, 2005. "The Green Revolution and the Gene Revolution in Pakistan: Policy Implications," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(4), pages 359-386.
- Ahmad, Imtiaz & Shah, Syed Akhter Hussain & Zahid, Muhammad Sarwar, 2004. "Why The Green Revolution Was Short Run Phenomena In The Development Process Of Pakistan: A Lesson For Future," MPRA Paper 9520, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reynir Smari Atlason & Ragnar Ingi Danner & Runar Unnthorsson & Gudmundur Valur Oddsson & Fernando Sustaeta & Ragnheidur Thorarinsdottir, 2017. "Energy Return on Investment for Aquaponics: Case Studies from Iceland and Spain," Biophysical Economics and Resource Quality, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 1-12, March.
- Tello, E. & Galán, E. & Sacristán, V. & Cunfer, G. & Guzmán, G.I. & González de Molina, M. & Krausmann, F. & Gingrich, S. & Padró, R. & Marco, I. & Moreno-Delgado, D., 2016. "Opening the black box of energy throughputs in farm systems: A decomposition analysis between the energy returns to external inputs, internal biomass reuses and total inputs consumed (the Vallès Count," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 160-174.
- Galán, E. & Padró, R. & Marco, I. & Tello, E. & Cunfer, G. & Guzmán, G.I. & González de Molina, M. & Krausmann, F. & Gingrich, S. & Sacristán, V. & Moreno-Delgado, D., 2016. "Widening the analysis of Energy Return on Investment (EROI) in agro-ecosystems: Socio-ecological transitions to industrialized farm systems (the Vallès County, Catalonia, c.1860 and 1999)," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 336(C), pages 13-25.
- Lambert, Jessica G. & Hall, Charles A.S. & Balogh, Stephen & Gupta, Ajay & Arnold, Michelle, 2014. "Energy, EROI and quality of life," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 153-167.
More about this item
Keywordsenergy return on investment; per-hectare energy usage; wheat/rice output energy; wheat/rice input energy;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:3:y:2011:i:12:p:2358-2391:d:15148. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: http://www.mdpi.com/ .