Opening the black box of energy throughputs in farm systems: A decomposition analysis between the energy returns to external inputs, internal biomass reuses and total inputs consumed (the Vallès County, Catalonia, c.1860 and 1999)
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles A. S. Hall & Stephen Balogh & David J.R. Murphy, 2009. "What is the Minimum EROI that a Sustainable Society Must Have?," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Marc Badia-Miró & Enric Tello, 2014. "Vine-growing in Catalonia: the main agricultural change underlying the earliest industrialization in Mediterranean Europe (1720–1939)," European Review of Economic History, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 203-226.
- Lluis Parcerisas & Joan Marull & Joan Pino & Enric Tello & Francesc Coll & Corina Basnou, 2012. "Land use changes, landscape ecology and their socioeconomic driving forces in the Spanish Mediterranean coast (the Maresme County, 1850-2005)," Working Papers in Economics 273, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Jones, M. R., 1989. "Analysis of the use of energy in agriculture--Approaches and problems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 339-355.
- Brown, M. T. & Herendeen, R. A., 1996. "Embodied energy analysis and EMERGY analysis: a comparative view," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 219-235, December.
- Krausmann, Fridolin & Gingrich, Simone & Haberl, Helmut & Erb, Karl-Heinz & Musel, Annabella & Kastner, Thomas & Kohlheb, Norbert & Niedertscheider, Maria & Schwarzlmüller, Elmar, 2012. "Long-term trajectories of the human appropriation of net primary production: Lessons from six national case studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 129-138.
- Xavier Cussó & Ramon Garrabou & José Ramon Olarieta & Enric Tello, 2006. "Balances energéticos y uso del sueloen la agricultura catalana: una comparación entre mediados del siglo XIX y finales del siglo XX," UHE Working papers 2006_07, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Mayumi, Kozo, 1991. "Temporary emancipation from land: from the industrial revolution to the present time," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 35-56, October.
- Ali S. Pracha & Timothy A. Volk, 2011. "An Edible Energy Return on Investment (EEROI) Analysis of Wheat and Rice in Pakistan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(12), pages 1-34, December.
- Jack P. Manno, 2011. "Looking for a Silver Lining: The Possible Positives of Declining Energy Return on Investment (EROI)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(11), pages 1-9, October.
- Ioannis N. Kessides & David C. Wade, 2011. "Deriving an Improved Dynamic EROI to Provide Better Information for Energy Planners," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(12), pages 1-19, December.
- Shinuo Deng & George R. Tynan, 2011. "Implications of Energy Return on Energy Invested on Future Total Energy Demand," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(12), pages 1-10, December.
- David J. Murphy & Charles A.S. Hall & Michael Dale & Cutler Cleveland, 2011. "Order from Chaos: A Preliminary Protocol for Determining the EROI of Fuels," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(10), pages 1-20, October.
- Cusso, Xavier & Garrabou, Ramon & Tello, Enric, 2006. "Social metabolism in an agrarian region of Catalonia (Spain) in 1860-1870: Flows, energy balance and land use," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 49-65, June.
- Eduardo Aguilera & Gloria I. Guzmán & Juan Infante-Amate & David Soto & Roberto García-Ruiz & Antonio Herrera & Inmaculada Villa & Eva Torremocha & Guiomar Carranza & Manuel González de Molina, 2015. "Embodied energy in agricultural inputs. Incorporating a historical perspective," Documentos de Trabajo de la Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria 1507, Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy Return On Investment (EROI) in farm systems; Decomposition analysis; Integrated land-use management of agroecosystems; Sociometabolic profiles; Biodiversity; Sustainability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:121:y:2016:i:c:p:160-174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.