The Federal Reserve's foreign exchange swap lines
The financial crisis that began in August 2007 disrupted U.S. dollar funding markets not only in the United States but also overseas. To address funding pressures internationally, the Federal Reserve introduced a system of reciprocal currency arrangements, or "swap lines," with other central banks. The swap line program, which ended early this year, enhanced the ability of these central banks to provide U.S. dollar funding to financial institutions in their jurisdictions.
Volume (Year): 16 (2010)
Issue (Month): Apr ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 33 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10045-0001|
Web page: http://www.newyorkfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
- Rakesh Mohan & Muneesh Kapur, 2014. "Monetary Policy Coordination and the Role of Central Banks," IMF Working Papers 14/70, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael D. Bordo & Owen Humpage & Anna J. Schwartz, 2012.
"Epilogue: Foreign-Exchange-Market Operations in the Twenty-First Century,"
NBER Working Papers
17984, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo & Owen F. Humpage & Anna J. Schwartz, 2012. "Epilogue: foreign-exchange-market operations in the twenty-first century," Working Paper 1207, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Huberto M. Ennis & Alexander L. Wolman, 2012. "Large excess reserves in the U.S.: a view from the cross-section of banks," Working Paper 12-05, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Kazumasa Iwata & Shinji Takenaka, 2012. "Central bank balance sheet expansion: Japan's experience," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Are central bank balance sheets in Asia too large?, volume 66, pages 132-159 Bank for International Settlements.
- Scott Brave & Hesna Genay, 2011. "Federal Reserve policies and financial market conditions during the crisis," Proceedings 1129, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Scott Brave & Hesna Genay, 2011. "Federal Reserve policies and financial market conditions during the crisis," Working Paper Series WP-2011-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Olson, Eric & Miller, Scott & Wohar, Mark E., 2012. "“Black Swans” before the “Black Swan” evidence from international LIBOR–OIS spreads," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1339-1357.
- Miroslav Titze, 2016. "Federal Reserve Swap Lines - International Lender of the Last Resort," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2016(4), pages 3-24.
- Pierluigi Morelli & Giovanni Pittaluga & Elena Seghezza, 2015. "The role of the Federal Reserve as an international lender of last resort during the 2007–2008 financial crisis," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 93-106, March.
- Dominguez, Kathryn M.E. & Hashimoto, Yuko & Ito, Takatoshi, 2012. "International reserves and the global financial crisis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 388-406.
- Kathryn M. E. Dominguez & Yuko Hashimoto & Takatoshi Ito, 2011. "International Reserves and the Global Financial Crisis," NBER Chapters,in: Global Financial Crisis National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kathryn M.E. Dominguez & Yuko Hashimoto & Takatoshi Ito, 2011. "International Reserves and the Global Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 17362, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Warren B. Hrunga & Jason S. Seligman, 2015. "Responses to the Financial Crisis, Treasury Debt, and the Impact on Short-Term Money Markets," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 11(1), pages 151-190, January.
- Warren B. Hrung & Jason S. Seligman, 2011. "Responses to the financial crisis, treasury debt, and the impact on short-term money markets," Staff Reports 481, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Basu, Kaushik & Eichengreen, Barry & Gupta, Poonam, 2015. "From Tapering to Tightening:The Impact of the Fed’s Exit on India," India Policy Forum, National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 11(1), pages 1-66.
- Basu,Kaushik & Eichengreen,Barry J. & Gupta,Poonam - DECOS, 2014. "From tapering to tightening : the impact of the fed's exit on India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7071, The World Bank.
- Marlene Amstad & Antoine Martin, 2011. "Monetary policy implementation: common goals but different practices," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 17(Nov).
- Pope, Robin & Selten, Reinhard, 2013. "Currency wars not public debt may create a financial meltdown," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79862, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- William Allen & Gabriele Galati & Richhild Moessner & William Nelson, 2017. "Central bank swap lines and CIP deviations," DNB Working Papers 566, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednci:y:2010:i:apr:n:v.16no.4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed