Welfare and the locational choices of new immigrants
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Newey, Whitney & Rosen, Harvey S, 1989.
"The Revenues-Expenditures Nexus: Evidence from Local Government Data,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(2), pages 415-429, May.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Whitney K. Newey & Harvey S. Rosen, 1987. "The Revenues-Expenditures Nexus: Evidence from Local Government Data," NBER Working Papers 2180, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to demonstrate IV estimation of VAR in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTZ00185, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Buckley, F. H., 1996. "The political economy of immigration policies," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 81-99, March.
- Edward M. Gramlich & Deborah S. Laren, 1984. "Migration and Income Redistribution Responsibilities," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(4), pages 489-511.
- Blank, Rebecca M., 1988. "The effect of welfare and wage levels on the location decisions of female-headed households," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 186-211, September.
- Borjas, George J, 1999. "Immigration and Welfare Magnets," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(4), pages 607-637, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- René Böheim & Karin Mayr, 2005. "Immigration and public spending," Economics working papers 2005-12, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Anna Damm, 2009.
"Determinants of recent immigrants’ location choices: quasi-experimental evidence,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 22(1), pages 145-174, January.
- Anna Piil Damm, 2005. "Determinants of Recent Immigrants’ Location Choices: Quasi-Experimental Evidence," CAM Working Papers 2005-17, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Ruud de Mooij, 2006. "Reinventing the welfare state," CPB Special Publication 60, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Mariano Bosch & M. Carnero & Lídia Farré, 2015.
"Rental housing discrimination and the persistence of ethnic enclaves,"
SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association,
Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 129-152, June.
- M. Angeles Carnero Fernández & Lídia Farré Olalla & Mariano Bosch, 2011. "Rental housing discrimination and the persistence of ethnic enclaves," Working Papers. Serie AD 2011-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Bosch, Mariano & Carnero, M. Angeles & Farré, Lídia, 2011. "Rental Housing Discrimination and the Persistence of Ethnic Enclaves," IZA Discussion Papers 5583, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Saenz, Mariana & Lewer, Joshua J., 2015. "Colombian Emigration by Administrative Regions," IZA Discussion Papers 9514, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Uwaifo Oyelere, Ruth & Oyolola, Maharouf, 2009. "Welfare Usage in the U.S.: Does Immigrant Birthplace and Immigration Status Matter?," IZA Discussion Papers 4659, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aslund, O., 2000.
"Immigrant Settlement Policies and Subsequent Migration,"
2000-23, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Åslund, Olof, 2000. "Immigrant Settlement Policies and Subsequent Migration," Working Paper Series 2000:23, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Aslund, O., 2000. "Immigrant Settlement Policies and Subsequent Migration," Papers 2000:23, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Piil Damm, Anna, 2005. "Immigrants’ Location Preferences: Exploiting a Natural Experiment," Working Papers 05-2, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Dreher, Axel & Poutvaara, Panu, 2011.
"Foreign Students and Migration to the United States,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1294-1307, August.
- Dreher, Axel & Poutvaara, Panu, 2011. "Foreign students and migration to the United States," Munich Reprints in Economics 20044, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Miriam Manchin & Sultan Orazbayev, 2016. "Social networks and the intention to migrate," Development Working Papers 409, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 01 Dec 2016.
- Tu, Jiong, 2010. "The Effect of Enclave Residence on the Labour Force Activities of Immigrants in Canada," IZA Discussion Papers 4744, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Damm, Anna Piil & Rosholm, Michael, 2003. "Employment Effects of Dispersal Policies on Refugee Immigrants, Part II: Empirical Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 925, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dodson, Marvin E., 2001. "Welfare generosity and location choices among new United States immigrants," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 47-67, March.
- Gemma Larramona & Marcos Sanso-Navarro, 2016. "Do Regularization Programs for Illegal Immigrants Have a Magnet Effect? Evidence from Spain," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 84(2), pages 296-311, March.
- Aslund, Olof, 2005.
"Now and forever? Initial and subsequent location choices of immigrants,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 141-165, March.
- Åslund, Olof, 2001. "Now and forever? Initial and subsequent location choices of immigrants," Working Paper Series 2001:11, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Piil Damm, Anna, 2005. "The Danish Dispersal Policy on Refugee Immigrants 1986-1998: A Natural Experiment?," Working Papers 05-3, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Ruth Uwaifo Oyelere & Maharouf Oyolola, 2011. "Do Immigrant Groups Differ in Welfare Usage? Evidence from the U.S," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 39(3), pages 231-247, September.
- Ludo Peeters & Coro Chasco, 2016. "Identifying local determinants of destination choices of international immigrants to the Madrid metropolitan area," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(2), pages 281-307, June.
- Roberto Pedace & Stephanie Rohn Kumar, 2014.
"A Warm Embrace Or The Cold Shoulder? Wage And Employment Outcomes In Ethnic Enclaves,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 93-110, January.
- Roberto Pedace & Stephanie Rohn, 2008. "A Warm Embrace or the Cold Shoulder: Wage and Employment Outcomes in Ethnic Enclaves," Working Papers 08-09, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Pedersen, Peder J. & Pytlikova, Mariola & Smith, Nina, 2008. "Selection and network effects--Migration flows into OECD countries 1990-2000," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 1160-1186, October.
- Libman, Alexander & Herrmann-Pillath, Carsten & Yadav, Gaurav, 2013. "Are human rights and economic well-being substitutes? The evidence from migration patterns across the Indian states," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 139-164.
- Piil Damm, Anna & Rosholm, Michael, 2005. "Employment Effects of Dispersal Policies on Refugee Immigrants: Empirical Evidence," Working Papers 04-20, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsEmigration and immigration ; Welfare;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedder:y:1997:i:qii:p:2-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbdaus.html .