The effectiveness of government expenditure on education and health care in the Caribbean
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Craigwell, Roland & Lowe, Shane & Bynoe, Danielle, 2012. "The effectiveness of government expenditure on education and health care in the Caribbean," MPRA Paper 40935, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Jong-Wha & Barro, Robert J, 2001.
"Schooling Quality in a Cross-Section of Countries,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(272), pages 465-488, November.
- Jong-Wha Lee & Robert J. Barro, 1997. "Schooling Quality in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 6198, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, J.-W. & Barro, R.J., 1998. "Schooling Quality in a Cross Section of Countries," Papers 659, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Pradhan, S., 1996. "Evaluating Public Spending: A Framework for Public Expenditure Reviews," World Bank - Discussion Papers 323, World Bank.
- George Psacharopoulos & Harry Anthony Patrinos, 2004.
"Returns to investment in education: a further update,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 111-134.
- Psacharopoulos, George & Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2002. "Returns to investment in education : a further update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2881, The World Bank.
- T. Paul Schultz, 1993.
"Investments in the Schooling and Health of Women and Men: Quantities and Returns,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(4), pages 694-734.
- Schultz, T.P., 1993. "Investments in the Schooling and Health of Women and Men: Quantities and Returns," Papers 702, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Rajkumar, Andrew Sunil & Swaroop, Vinaya, 2008. "Public spending and outcomes: Does governance matter?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 96-111, April.
- Mark C. Berger & J. Paul Leigh, 1989. "Schooling, Self-Selection, and Health," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(3), pages 433-455.
- Patrick McEwan, 1999. "Private costs and the rate of return to primary education," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(11), pages 759-760.
- Michael Grossman, 1972. "The Demand for Health: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gros72-1, January.
- Swaroop, Vinaya, 1996. "The public sector in the Caribbean : issues and reform options," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1609, The World Bank.
- Mehrotra, S., 1998. "Education for All: Policy Lessons from High-Achieving Countries," Papers 98-005, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
- Sudhir Anand & Martin Ravallion, 1993. "Human Development in Poor Countries: On the Role of Private Incomes and Public Services," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 133-150, Winter.
- Emanuele Baldacci & Maria Teresa Guin-Siu & Luiz De Mello, 2003.
"More on the effectiveness of public spending on health care and education: a covariance structure model,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 709-725.
- International Monetary Fund, 2002. "Moreon the Effectiveness of Public Spendingon Health Care and Education; A Covariance Structure Model," IMF Working Papers 02/90, International Monetary Fund.
- Mingat, Alain & Jee-Peng Tan, 1998. "The mechanics of progress in education : evidence from cross-country data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2015, The World Bank.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Verhoeven, Marijn & Tiongson, Erwin R., 2002. "The effectiveness of government spending on education and health care in developing and transition economies," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 717-737, November.
- Judson, Ruth, 1998. "Economic Growth and Investment in Education: How Allocation Matters," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 337-359, December.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Luiz de Mello & Mauro Pisu, 2009. "The Effectiveness of Education and Health Spending among Brazilian Municipalities," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 712, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carl Grekou & Romain Perez, 2014. "Child Mortality in sub-Saharan Africa: Why Public Health Spending Matters," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-28, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Khalid Zaman & Bashir Khilji, 2014. "A note on pro-poor social expenditures," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 2121-2154, July.
More about this item
KeywordsCaribbean; Government policy; Public finance; Public spending; Education; Health care; Panel OLS;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I00 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:ijdipp:v:11:y:2012:i:1:p:4-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .