Stochastic simulation using @Risk for dairy business investment decisions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dijkhuizen, A. A. & Renkema, J. A. & Stelwagen, J., 1991. "Modelling to support animal health control," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 5(3), July.
- Richard Bennett, 2003. "The 'Direct Costs'of Livestock Disease: The Development of a System of Models for the Analysis of 30 Endemic Livestock Diseases in Great Britain," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(1), pages 55-71.
- Martin Odening & Oliver Mußhoff & Alfons Balmann, 2005. "Investment decisions in hog finishing: an application of the real options approach," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(1), pages 47-60, January.
- Huirne, Ruud, 1990. "Basic Concepts of Computerised Support for Farm Management Decisions," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 17(1), pages 69-84.
- Clark Seavert & Herbert Hinman & Karen Klonsky, 2006. "A crop profitability analysis for long-term crop investments," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 66(1), pages 125-135, May.
- Dijkhuizen, A. A. & Renkema, J. A. & Stelwagen, J., 1991. "Modelling to support animal health control," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 263-277, July.
- Sorensen, Jan Tind & Kristensen, Erik Steen & Thysen, Iver, 1992. "A stochastic model simulating the dairy herd on a PC," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 177-200.
- John Mclnerney, 1996. "Old Economics For New Problems -Livestock Disease: Presidential Address," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1-4), pages 295-314.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J.M. Bewley & null Boehlje & A.W. Gray & H. Hogeveen & S.J. Kenyon & S.D. Eicher & M.M. Schutz, 2010. "Assessing the potential value for an automated dairy cattle body condition scoring system through stochastic simulation," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 70(1), pages 126-150, May.
More about this item
KeywordsInvestment appraisal; Net present value; Agriculture; Stochastic processes; Modelling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:afrpps:v:70:y:2010:i:1:p:97-125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.