Cross-country differences in attitudes to business associations during the 2007–2010 recession
This paper uses empirical data gathered through an on-line survey of 206 small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), conducted in France, Sweden and the UK. The paper examines cross-country differences in SME managers’ perceptions of business associations as sources of political intelligence and their ability to influence policy responses to financial crises. Findings demonstrate that the respondents’ countries of origin are significantly correlated with (1) their use of information sources to gather political intelligence, (2) their perceptions regarding the effectiveness of business associations in influencing policy outcomes, and (3) their perceptions regarding policymakers’ appreciation of information provided by SME associations.
Volume (Year): 47 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/bibliographic|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansen Wendy L. & Mitchell Neil J., 2001. "Globalization or National Capitalism: Large Firms, National Strategies, and Political Activities," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-16, April.
- Hansen, Wendy L. & Mitchell, Neil J., 2001. "Globalization or National Capitalism: Large Firms, National Strategies, and Political Activities," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 5-19, April.
- Riccardo De Bonis & Alessandro Giustiniani & Giorgio Gomel, 1999. "Crises and Bail Outs of Banks and Countries: Linkages, Analogies, and Differences," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 55-86, 01.
- Robert Bennett, 2000. "The Logic of Membership of Sectoral Business Associations," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 58(1), pages 17-42.
- Esty, Daniel C & Caves, Richard E, 1983. "Market Structure and Political Influence: New Data on Political Expenditures, Activity, and Success," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(1), pages 24-38, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:47:y:2012:i:3:p:352-361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.