Chile: The Unbearable Burden of Inequality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Jong-Wha, 1996. "Government Interventions and Productivity Growth," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 391-414, September.
- Barbara Fakin, 1995. "Investment Subsidies during Transition," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 62-74, October.
- Antonio Estache & Vitor Gaspar, 1995. "Why Tax Incentives Don't Promote Investment in Brazil," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44076, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Dante Contreras & Emerson Melo & Susana Ojeda, 2005. "¿Estimando el retorno a la educación o a los no observables?: evidencia de datos de panel," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 32(2 Year 20), pages 187-199, December.
- Bergström, Fredrik, 1998. "Capital Subsidies and the Performance of Firms," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 285, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Shaohua Chen & Martin Ravallion, 2004.
"How Have the World's Poorest Fared since the Early 1980s?,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 141-169.
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 2004. "How Have the World's Poorest Fared Since the Early 1980s?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3341, The World Bank.
- Haque, Nadeem U & Montiel, Peter, 1989. "Consumption in Developing Countries: Tests for Liquidity Constraintsand Finite Horizons," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(3), pages 408-415, August.
- George Psacharopoulos & Harry Anthony Patrinos, 2004.
"Returns to investment in education: a further update,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 111-134.
- Psacharopoulos, George & Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2002. "Returns to investment in education : a further update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2881, The World Bank.
- Claudio Bravo-Ortega & Jose De Gregorio, "undated".
"The Relative Richness of the Poor? Natural Resources, Human Capital and Economic Growth,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
139, Central Bank of Chile.
- Bravo-Ortega, Claudio & de Gregorio, Jose, 2005. "The relative richness of the poor? natural resources, human capital, and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3484, The World Bank.
- Herrera, Santiago & Pang, Gaobo, 2005. "Efficiency of public spending in developing countries : an efficiency frontier approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3645, The World Bank.
- Claudio Sapelli, 2011. "A cohort analysis of the income distribution in Chile," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 38(1 Year 20), pages 223-242, June.
- Svedberg, Peter & Tilton, John E., 2006.
"The real, real price of nonrenewable resources: copper 1870-2000,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 501-519, March.
- Svedberg, Peter & Tilton, John, 2003. "The Real Real Price of Nonrenewable Resources: Copper 1870-2000," Seminar Papers 723, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Edward B. Barbier, 2005. "Natural Resource-Based Economic Development in History," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 6(3), pages 103-152, July.
- Dasgupta, Partha, 1996. "The economics of the environment," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(04), pages 387-428, October.
- Lopez, Ramon & Galinato, Gregmar I., 2007. "Should governments stop subsidies to private goods? Evidence from rural Latin America," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(5-6), pages 1071-1094, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Hoeller & Isabelle Joumard & Mauro Pisu & Debra Bloch, 2012. "Less Income Inequality and More Growth – Are They Compatible? Part 1. Mapping Income Inequality Across the OECD," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 924, OECD Publishing.
- Riumallo-Herl, Carlos Javier & Kawachi, Ichiro & Avendano, Mauricio, 2014. "Social capital, mental health and biomarkers in Chile: Assessing the effects of social capital in a middle-income country," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 47-58.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Sebastián J. Miller & Gabriel Sánchez & Patricio Valenzuela, 2014. "Development Diagnostics for the Southern Cone," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 85194, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Eduardo Olaberría, 2016. "Bringing all Chileans on board," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1289, OECD Publishing.
- Dusan Paredes, 2012. "Spatial wage disparities and the role of spatial labor sorting," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 28, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- Bronfman, Javier & Floro, Maria, 2014. "How well has the Social Protection Scheme Reduced Vulnerability in Chile?," MPRA Paper 63255, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Susana Katherine Chacón Espejo & Dusan Paredes Araya, 2013.
"Spatial Income Inequality in Chile and the Rol of Spatial Labor Sorting,"
Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional
46, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2013.
- Dusan Paredes Araya & Tomothy M Komarek, 2013. "Spatial Income Inequality in Chile and the Rol of Spatial Labor Sorting," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 46, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2013.
- Malte Luebker, 2015. "Redistribution policies," Chapters,in: Labour Markets, Institutions and Inequality, chapter 8, pages 211-241 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dusan Paredes, 2015. "Can Neg Explain the Spatial Distribution of Wages of Chile?," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 106(1), pages 65-77, February.
- Lopez, Ramon, 2009. "Natural disasters and the dynamics of intangible assets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4874, The World Bank.
- Susana Katherine Chacón Espejo & Dusan Paredes Araya, 2013. "Income Inequality in Chile and the Rol of Spatial Labor Sorting," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 46, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2013.
- Solimano, Andres, 2009. "Three Decades of Neoliberal Economics in Chile: Achievements, Failures and Dilemmas," WIDER Working Paper Series 037, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
Keywordsinequality growth government expenditure taxes Latin America Chile;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:36:y:2008:i:12:p:2679-2695. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.