Pension Reform and Gender Gaps in Latin America: What are the Policy Options?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barrientos, Armando, 1998. "Pension reform, personal pensions and gender differences in pension coverage," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 125-137, January.
- John R. Chamberlin, 1983. "Pension plan equity: The case against a gender classification," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(1), pages 126-129.
- Gruber, Jonathan, 1997.
"The Incidence of Payroll Taxation: Evidence from Chile,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(3), pages 72-101, July.
- Jonathan Gruber, 1995. "The Incidence of Payroll Taxation: Evidence from Chile," NBER Working Papers 5053, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bassett, William F. & Fleming, Michael J. & Rodrigues, Anthony P., 1998.
"How Workers Use 401(K) Plans: The Participation, Contribution, and Withdrawal Decisions,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 51(2), pages 263-289, June.
- William F. Bassett & Michael J. Fleming & Anthony P. Rodrigues, 1998. "How workers use 401(k) plans: the participation, contribution, and withdrawal decisions," Staff Reports 38, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Dnes, Antony, 1999. "The effects of legislative change on female labour supply : marriage and divorce, child and spousal support, property division and pension splitting," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 20120, The World Bank.
- Martha MacDonald, 1998. "Gender and Social Security Policy: Pitfalls and Possibilities," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 1-25.
- Martin Feldstein, 1998. "Privatizing Social Security," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number feld98-1, January.
- Martin Feldstein, 1998. "Introduction to "Privatizing Social Security"," NBER Chapters,in: Privatizing Social Security, pages 1-29 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- De Mesa, Alberto Arenas & Bertranou, Fabio, 1997. "Learning from social security reforms: Two different cases, Chile and Argentina," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 329-348, March.
- Richard V. Burkhauser, 1984. "Pension plan equity: Second-round consequences," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(4), pages 613-618.
- Martin Feldstein & Andrew Samwick, 1998.
"The Transition Path in Privatizing Social Security,"
NBER Chapters,in: Privatizing Social Security, pages 215-264
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein & Andrew Samwick, 1996. "The Transition Path in Privatizing Social Security," NBER Working Papers 5761, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Summers, Lawrence H, 1989. "Some Simple Economics of Mandated Benefits," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 177-183, May.
- Waldfogel, Jane, 1998. "The Family Gap for Young Women in the United States and Britain: Can Maternity Leave Make a Difference?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(3), pages 505-545, July.
- Marjorie M. Kulash, 1983. "Pension plan equity: The unintended consequences," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(1), pages 129-134.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Estelle James & Alejandra Cox Edwards & Rebeca Wong, 2012. "The Gender Impact of Pension Reform," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13046, The World Bank.
- Solange Berstein & Andrea Tokman, 2005. "Income Gap by Gender: Perpetuated or Exacerbated when Old?," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 334, Central Bank of Chile.
- Giménez, Daniel M., 2005. "Gender, pensions and social citizenship in Latin America," Asuntos de Género 46, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Pautassi, Laura C., 2004. "Pension legislation and gender equity in Latin America," Asuntos de Género 42, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Solange Berstein & Andrea Tokman, 2005. "Brechas de ingreso entre géneros: ¿Perpetuadas o exacerbadas en la vejez?," Working Papers 8, Superintendencia de Pensiones, revised Jul 2005.
- Eduardo Fajnzylber, 2010. "Gender Policy, the Minimum Pension Age and Non-contributory Rights for Women – the Case of Chile," Working Papers wp_003, Adolfo Ibáñez University, School of Government.
- James, Estelle & Edwards, Alejandra Cox & Wong, Rebecca, 2003. "The gender impact of pension reform : a cross-country analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3074, The World Bank.
- Olivera, Javier, 2010.
"Recuperando la Solidaridad en el Sistema Peruano de Pensiones. Una Propuesta de Reforma
[Recovering the Principle of Solidarity in the Peruvian Pension System. A reform proposal]," MPRA Paper 60194, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fedotenkov, Igor & Derkachev, Pavel, 2017. "Gender longevity gap and socioeconomic indicators in developed countries," MPRA Paper 83215, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:29:y:2001:i:5:p:911-923. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .