Gender longevity gap and socioeconomic indicators in developed countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Igor Fedotenkov & Pavel Derkachev, 2019. "Gender longevity gap and socioeconomic indicators in developed countries," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 47(1), pages 127-144, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hersch, Joni, 1998. "Compensating Differentials for Gender-Specific Job Injury Risks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 598-627, June.
- Martin Gaechter & Peter Schwazer & Engelbert Theurl, 2012.
"Stronger Sex but Earlier Death: A Multi-level Socioeconomic Analysis of Gender Differences in Mortality in Austria,"
DANUBE: Law and Economics Review, European Association Comenius - EACO, issue 1, pages 1-23, March.
- Martin G?chter & Peter Schwazer & Engelbert Theurl, 2010. "Stronger sex but earlier death: A multi-level socioeconomic analysis of gender differences in mortality in Austria," Working Papers 2010-16, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Martin Gächter & Peter Schwazer & Engelbert Theurl, 2010. "Stronger sex but earlier death: A multi-level socioeconomic analysis of gender differences in mortality in Austria," NRN working papers 2010-06, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Breusch, T S, 1978. "Testing for Autocorrelation in Dynamic Linear Models," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(31), pages 334-355, December.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Bajtelsmit, Vickie L. & Bernasek, Alexandra & Jianakoplos, Nancy A., 1999. "Gender differences in defined contribution pension decisions," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-10.
- World Bank, 2015. "Women, Business and the Law 2016: Getting to Equal," Working Papers id:7449, eSocialSciences.
- Karlsson, Martin & Nilsson, Therese & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus & Leeson, George, 2010.
"Income inequality and health: Importance of a cross-country perspective,"
Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(6), pages 875-885, March.
- Karlsson, Martin & Nilsson, Therese & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus & Leeson, George, 2009. "Income Inequality and Health: Importance of a Cross-Country Perspective," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 37747, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Schünemann, Johannes & Strulik, Holger & Trimborn, Timo, 2017.
"The gender gap in mortality: How much is explained by behavior?,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 79-90.
- Schünemann, Johannes & Strulik, Holger & Trimborn, Timo, 2016. "The gender gap in mortality: How much is explained by behavior?," ECON WPS - Working Papers in Economic Theory and Policy 05/2016, TU Wien, Institute of Statistics and Mathematical Methods in Economics, Economics Research Unit.
- Bali Ram, 1993. "Sex differences in mortality as a social indicator," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 83-108, May.
- Gordon G. Liu & Ohyun Kwon & Xindong Xue & Belton M Fleisher, 2017. "How Much Does Social Status Matter to Longevity?—Evidence from China's Academician Election," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(3), pages 292-304, March.
- Williamson, John B. & Boehmer, Ulrike, 1997. "Female life expectancy, gender stratification, health status, and level of economic development: A cross-national study of less developed countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 305-317, July.
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1978. "Testing against General Autoregressive and Moving Average Error Models When the Regressors Include Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1293-1301, November.
- Stefan Felder, 2006. "The gender longevity gap: explaining the difference between singles and couples," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 19(3), pages 543-557, July.
- W. Kip Viscusi, 2004. "The Value of Life: Estimates with Risks by Occupation and Industry," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(1), pages 29-48, January.
- Rob Clark & B. Mitchell Peck, 2012. "Examining the Gender Gap in Life Expectancy: A Cross-National Analysis, 1980–2005," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 93(3), pages 820-837, September.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "On the Pooling of Time Series and Cross Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 69-85, January.
- Arellano, M, 1987. "Computing Robust Standard Errors for Within-Groups Estimators," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 49(4), pages 431-434, November.
- Rablen, Matthew D. & Oswald, Andrew J., 2008. "Mortality and immortality: The Nobel Prize as an experiment into the effect of status upon longevity," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1462-1471, December.
- Hári, Norbert & De Waegenaere, Anja & Melenberg, Bertrand & Nijman, Theo E., 2008. "Longevity risk in portfolios of pension annuities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 505-519, April.
- Lena Edlund & Rohini Pande, 2002. "Why Have Women Become Left-Wing? The Political Gender Gap and the Decline in Marriage," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(3), pages 917-961.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Bertranou, Fabio M., 2001. "Pension Reform and Gender Gaps in Latin America: What are the Policy Options?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 911-923, May.
- Crimmins, Eileen M. & Saito, Yasuhiko, 2001. "Trends in healthy life expectancy in the United States, 1970-1990: gender, racial, and educational differences," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(11), pages 1629-1641, June.
- Liu, Gordon G. & Kwon, Ohyun & Xue, Xindong & Fleisher, Belton M., 2014. "How Much Does Social Status Matter to Health? Evidence from China's Academician Election," IZA Discussion Papers 8010, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Leung, Michael C. M. & Zhang, Jie & Zhang, Junsen, 2004. "An economic analysis of life expectancy by gender with application to the United States," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 737-759, July.
- Paul Leigh, J., 1987. "Gender, firm size, industry, and estimates of the value-of-life," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 255-273, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edwards, Gonzalo & Soto, Raimundo & Zurita, Felipe, 2020. "Life expectancy at retirement and income levels in Chile," Research Department working papers 1624, CAF Development Bank Of Latinamerica.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Peter Bauer & Igor Fedotenkov & Aurelien Genty & Issam Hallak & Peter Harasztosi & David Martinez Turegano & David Nguyen & Nadir Preziosi & Ana Rincon-Aznar & Miguel Sanchez Martinez, 2020. "Productivity in Europe: Trends and drivers in a service-based economy," JRC Working Papers JRC119785, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Adrian C. Darnell, 1994. "A Dictionary Of Econometrics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 118.
- Frank Asche & Bård Misund, 2016.
"Who’s a major? A novel approach to peer group selection: Empirical evidence from oil and gas companies,"
Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 1264538-126, December.
- Asche, Frank & Misund, Bard, 2015. "Who's a major? A novel approach to peer group selection: Empirical evidence from oil and gas companies," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2015/18, University of Stavanger.
- Misund, Bård, 2015. "Reserves Replacement and Oil and Gas Company Shareholder returns," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2015/11, University of Stavanger.
- Melquiades Pereira de Lima Júnior, 2017. "Learning, Portfolio Complexity and Informational Asymmetry in Forecasts of Sell-Side Analysts," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 14(2), pages 133-159, March.
- Leive, Adam, 2018. "Dying to win? Olympic Gold medals and longevity," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 193-204.
- DELL'ANNO, Roberto & VILLA, Stefania, 2012. "Growth in Transition Countries: Big Bang versus Gradualism," CELPE Discussion Papers 122, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Sasaki, Shusaku & Kurokawa, Hirofumi & Ohtake, Fumio, 2019.
"Positive and negative effects of social status on longevity: Evidence from two literary prizes in Japan,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 1-1.
- Shusaku Sasaki & Hirofumi Kurokawa & Fumio Ohtake, 2016. "Positive and Negative Effects of Social Status on Longevity: Evidence from Two Literary Prizes in Japan," ISER Discussion Paper 0968rr, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, revised Feb 2018.
- Geweke, J. & Joel Horowitz & Pesaran, M.H., 2006. "Econometrics: A Bird’s Eye View," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0655, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- de Meulemeester, Jean-Luc & Rochat, Denis, 1995.
"A causality analysis of the link between higher education and economic development,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 351-361, December.
- Jean Luc De Meulemeester & Denis Rochat, 1995. "A causality analysis of the link between higher education and economic development," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1573, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Russell Davidson & Victoria Zinde‐Walsh, 2017.
"Advances in specification testing,"
Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 50(5), pages 1595-1631, December.
- Bård Misund & Petter Osmundsen, 2017. "Valuation of proved vs. probable oil and gas reserves," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 1385443-138, January.
- Ge, Dingkun & Mahoney, James M. & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2005. "New Venture Valuation by Venture Capitalists: An Integrative Approach," Working Papers 05-0124, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Neil Karunaratne, 1997. "High-Tech Innovation, Growth and Trade Dynamics in Australia," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 151-170, April.
- Steel, Mark F. J. & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1991.
"Bayesian multivariate exogeneity analysis : An application to a UK money demand equation,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1-2), pages 239-274.
- Steel, M.F.J. & Richard, J., 1989. "Bayesian multivariate exogeneity analysis : An application to a UK money demand equation," Discussion Paper 1989-29, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Steel, M.F.J. & Richard, J., 1989. "Bayesian multivariate exogeneity analysis : An application to a UK money demand equation," Other publications TiSEM 2978b800-0592-4480-a5db-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Steel, M.F.J. & Richard, J., 1991. "Bayesian multivariate exogeneity analysis : An application to a UK money demand equation," Other publications TiSEM a9bb426c-930e-4103-af18-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Steel, M.F.J. & Richard, J.F., 1989. "Bayesian Multivariate Exogeneity Analysis: An Application To A Uk Money Demand Equation," Papers 8929, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Letete Emmanuel & Sarr Mare, 2017. "Working Paper 275 - Illicit Financial Flows and Political Institutions in Kenya," Working Paper Series 2392, African Development Bank.
- Bent Jesper Christensen & Morten Ã˜. Nielsen & Thomas Busch, 2005. "Forecasting Exchange Rate Volatility In The Presence Of Jumps," Working Paper 1187, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Hausman, Jerry & Kuersteiner, Guido, 2008.
"Difference in difference meets generalized least squares: Higher order properties of hypotheses tests,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 371-391, June.
- Jerry Hausman & Guido Kuersteiner, 2005. "Difference in Difference Meets Generalized Least Squares: Higher Order Properties of Hypotheses Tests," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2005-010, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Fedotenkov, Igor, 2018. "Corruption vs reforms: Why do voters prefer the former?," MPRA Paper 89581, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luisa ANDERLONI & Daniela VANDONE, 2010. "The profitability of the consumer credit industry: evidence from Europe," Departmental Working Papers 2010-24, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
More about this item
KeywordsGender longevity gap; inequality; cross-country analysis; life expectancy;
All these keywords.
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2017-12-18 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-GEN-2017-12-18 (Gender)
- NEP-HEA-2017-12-18 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:83215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.