The Impact of Education, Income, and Mortality on Fertility in Jamaica
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- D E Hyatt & W J Milne, 1993. "Determinants of Fertility in Urban and Rural Kenya: Estimates and a Simulation of the Impact of Education Policy," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 25(3), pages 371-382, March.
- James Trussell & Randall Olsen, 1983. "Evaluation of the Olsen Technique For Estimating the Fertility Response to Child Mortality," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 20(3), pages 391-405, August.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Schultz, T Paul, 1983. "Consumer Demand and Household Production: The Relationship between Fertility and Child Mortality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 38-42, May.
- Handa, Sudhanshu, 1996. "Expenditure behavior and children's welfare: An analysis of female headed households in Jamaica," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 165-187, June.
- D E Hyatt & W J Milne, 1993. "Determinants of fertility in urban and rural Kenya: estimates and a simulation of the impact of education policy," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(3), pages 371-382, March.
- Strauss, John, 1990. "Households, Communities, and Preschool Children's Nutrition Outcomes: Evidence from Rural Cote d'Ivoire," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(2), pages 231-261, January.
- Maglad, N.E., 1990. "Fertility In Rural Sudan: The Effect Of Landholding And Child Mortality," Papers 604, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Rivers, Douglas & Vuong, Quang H., 1988. "Limited information estimators and exogeneity tests for simultaneous probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 347-366, November.
- Chen, Jain-Shing A, et al, 1987. "The "Synthesis Framework" and Determinants of Fertility in Syria," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 145-159, October.
- Schultz, T Paul, 1973. "A Preliminary Survey of Economic Analyses of Fertility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 71-78, May.
- Randall Olsen, 1980. "Estimating the effect of child mortality on the number of births," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 17(4), pages 429-443, November.
- Mark R. Rosenzweig & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 1993. "Maternal Expectations and Ex Post Rationalizations: The Usefulness of Survey Information on the Wantedness of Children," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(2), pages 205-229.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marwân-al-Qays Bousmah, 2017.
"The effect of child mortality on fertility behaviors is non-linear: new evidence from Senegal,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 93-113, March.
- Marwân-Al-Qays Bousmah, 2017. "The effect of child mortality on fertility behaviors is non-linear: new evidence from Senegal," Post-Print hal-01589994, HAL.
- Frini, Olfa & Muller, Christophe, 2012. "Demographic transition, education and economic growth in Tunisia," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 351-371.
- Jaime Vallés Giménez & Anabel Zárate Marco, 2005. "La influencia de la deducción por descendientes en el tamaño de la familia. Un ejercicio con microdatos para España," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 175(4), pages 61-101, december.
- Jaime VallÈs GimÈnez & Anabel Z·rate Marco, "undated". "Influyen las ayudas p˙blicas por descendientes la fecundidad?. Un estudio para Espana por tramos de edad," Studies on the Spanish Economy 148, FEDEA.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2007. "Gender Inequality and Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa and Arab Countries," ICER Working Papers 25-2007, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Baliamoune–Lutz, Mina & McGillivray, Mark, 2015. "The impact of gender inequality in education on income in Africa and the Middle East," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-11.
- Naeem Ur Rehman, Khattak & Khan, Jangraiz & Tariq, Muhammad & Naeem, Muhammad & Tasleem, Sajjad, 2011. "The Impact of Education on Total Fertility Rate in Pakistan (1981-2008)," MPRA Paper 56010, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:28:y:2000:i:1:p:173-186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .