The impact of curbside parking regulation on garage demand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kobus, Martijn B.W. & Gutiérrez-i-Puigarnau, Eva & Rietveld, Piet & Van Ommeren, Jos N., 2013.
"The on-street parking premium and car drivers' choice between street and garage parking,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 395-403.
- Martijn Kobus & Eva Gutierrez Puigarnau & Piet Rietveld & Jos Van Ommeren, 2012. "The On-Street Parking Premium and Car Drivers' Choice between Street and Garage Parking," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-040/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- van Ommeren, Jos & Wentink, Derk & Dekkers, Jasper, 2011. "The real price of parking policy," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 25-31, July.
- Gillen, David W., 1977. "Estimation and specification of the effects of parking costs on urban transport mode choice," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 186-199, April.
- Ibeas, Ángel & Cordera, Ruben & dell'Olio, Luigi & Moura, Jose Luis, 2011. "Modelling demand in restricted parking zones," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(6), pages 485-498, July.
- Haizhen Lin & Isabelle Yijia Wang, 2015. "Competition and Price Discrimination: Evidence from the Parking Garage Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 522-548, September.
- Andrew Kelly, J. & Peter Clinch, J., 2006. "Influence of varied parking tariffs on parking occupancy levels by trip purpose," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 487-495, November.
- Kelly, J. Andrew & Clinch, J. Peter, 2009. "Temporal variance of revealed preference on-street parking price elasticity," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 193-199, August.
- Simićević, Jelena & Vukanović, Smiljan & Milosavljević, Nada, 2013. "The effect of parking charges and time limit to car usage and parking behaviour," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 125-131.
- Button, Kenneth, 2006. "The political economy of parking charges in "first" and "second-best" worlds," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 470-478, November.
- Yoram Shiftan, 2002. "The effects of parking pricing and supply on travel patterns to a major business district," Chapters,in: Travel Behaviour, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hausman, Jerry & Hall, Bronwyn H & Griliches, Zvi, 1984.
"Econometric Models for Count Data with an Application to the Patents-R&D Relationship,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 909-938, July.
- Jerry A. Hausman & Bronwyn H. Hall & Zvi Griliches, 1984. "Econometric Models for Count Data with an Application to the Patents-R&D Relationship," NBER Technical Working Papers 0017, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arnott, Richard, 2006.
"Spatial competition between parking garages and downtown parking policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 458-469, November.
- Richard Arnott, 2005. "Spatial Competition between Parking Garages and Downtown Parking Policy," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 627, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Inci, Eren & Lindsey, Robin, 2015.
"Garage and curbside parking competition with search congestion,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 49-59.
- Eren Inci & Robin Lindsey, 2014. "Garage and Curbside Parking Competition with Search Congestion," ERSA conference papers ersa14p344, European Regional Science Association.
- Madsen, Edith & Mulalic, Ismir & Pilegaard, Ninette, 2013. "A model for estimation of the demand for on-street parking," MPRA Paper 52301, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shoup, Donald C. & Willson, Richard W., 1992. "Employer-Paid Parking: The Problem and Proposed Solutions," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt2x6240jr, University of California Transportation Center.
- Ottosson, Dadi Baldur & Chen, Cynthia & Wang, Tingting & Lin, Haiyun, 2013. "The sensitivity of on-street parking demand in response to price changes: A case study in Seattle, WA," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 222-232.
- Tsamboulas, Dimitrios A., 2001. "Parking fare thresholds: a policy tool," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 115-124, April.
- Froeb, Luke & Tschantz, Steven & Crooke, Philip, 2003. "Bertrand competition with capacity constraints: mergers among parking lots," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 49-67, March.
- Gregory Pierce & Donald Shoup, 2013. "Getting the Prices Right," Journal of the American Planning Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 79(1), pages 67-81, January.
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9781884829987 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marsden, Greg, 2006. "The evidence base for parking policies--a review," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 447-457, November.
- Inci, Eren, 2015. "A review of the economics of parking," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 50-63.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Albalate & Albert Gragera, 2018. "“Misinformation and Misperception in the market for parking”," IREA Working Papers 201812, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Jun 2018.
- repec:eee:transa:v:101:y:2017:i:c:p:86-97 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:251-261 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsR41; R48; Keywords:; Parking; Off-street parking; On-street parking; Garage parking; Curbside parking; Parking regulation; Price elasticity;
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
- R48 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government Pricing and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:47:y:2016:i:c:p:160-168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.