Environmental costs in European aviation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard S. J. Tol, 1999. "The Marginal Costs of Greenhouse Gas Emissions," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 61-81.
- Nordhaus, William D, 1991. "To Slow or Not to Slow: The Economics of the Greenhouse Effect," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 920-937, July.
- Small, K.A. & Kazimi, C., 1994.
"On the Costs of Air Pollution from Motor Vehicules,"
94-95-3, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Small, Kenneth A. & Kazimi, Camilla, 1995. "On the Costs of Air Pollution from Motor Vehicles," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt0sx81025, University of California Transportation Center.
- V. Kerry Smith, 1993. "Nonmarket Valuation of Environmental Resources: An Interpretive Appraisal," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 69(1), pages 1-26.
- Viscusi, W Kip, 1993. "The Value of Risks to Life and Health," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1912-1946, December.
- Azar, Christian & Sterner, Thomas, 1996. "Discounting and distributional considerations in the context of global warming," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 169-184, November.
- David Pearce & Samuel Fankhauser & Neil Adger & Timothy Swanson, 1992. "World Economy, World Environment," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 295-314, May.
- Schafer, Andreas, 1998. "The global demand for motorized mobility," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 455-477, August.
- Nordhaus, William D., 1993.
"Rolling the 'DICE': an optimal transition path for controlling greenhouse gases,"
Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 27-50, March.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1992. "Rolling the 'Dice': An Optimal Transition Path for Controlling Greenhouse Gases," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1019, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Schipper, Youdi & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 1998. "Why do aircraft noise value estimates differ? A meta-analysis," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 117-124.
- Unknown, 1997. "Proceedings of an international scientific forum held in Darwin, Australia, 21–24 April 1997: Mud Crab Aquaculture and Biology," ACIAR Proceedings Series 135187, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research.
- Button, Kenneth, 1990. "Environmental Externalities and Transport Policy," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 61-75, Summer.
- Lauraine G. Chestnut & Bart D. Ostro & Nuntavarn Vichit-Vadakan, 1997. "Transferability of Air Pollution Control Health Benefits Estimates from the United States to Developing Countries: Evidence from the Bangkok Study," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1630-1635.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wu, Chuntao & He, Xiaohe & Dou, Yi, 2019. "Regional disparity and driving forces of CO2 emissions: Evidence from China's domestic aviation transport sector," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 71-82.
- Demir, Emrah & Huang, Yuan & Scholts, Sebastiaan & Van Woensel, Tom, 2015. "A selected review on the negative externalities of the freight transportation: Modeling and pricing," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 95-114.
- Thierry Bréchet & Pierre M. Picard, 2010.
"The Price Of Silence: Markets For Noise Licenses And Airports,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1097-1125, November.
- Thierry Brechet & Pierre M. Picard, 2008. "The Price of Silence: Markets for Noise Licenses and Airports," CREA Discussion Paper Series 08-08, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- BRECHET, Thierry & PICARD, Pierre M., 2010. "The price of silence: markets for noise licenses and airports," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2270, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Adler, Nicole & Martini, Gianmaria & Volta, Nicola, 2013. "Measuring the environmental efficiency of the global aviation fleet," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 82-100.
- Lo, Pak Lam & Martini, Gianmaria & Porta, Flavio & Scotti, Davide, 2020. "The determinants of CO2 emissions of air transport passenger traffic: An analysis of Lombardy (Italy)," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 108-119.
- Defilippi, Enzo, 2019. "The environmental cost of Peru's domestic air transport: An appraisal," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 144-151.
- Vespermann, Jan & Wald, Andreas, 2011. "Much Ado about Nothing? – An analysis of economic impacts and ecologic effects of the EU-emission trading scheme in the aviation industry," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1066-1076.
- Grampella, Mattia & Martini, Gianmaria & Scotti, Davide & Zambon, Giovanni, 2016. "The factors affecting pollution and noise environmental costs of the current aircraft fleet: An econometric analysis," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 310-325.
- Morrell, Peter, 2009. "The potential for European aviation CO2 emissions reduction through the use of larger jet aircraft," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 151-157.
- Grampella, Mattia & Lo, Pak Lam & Martini, Gianmaria & Scotti, Davide, 2017. "The impact of technology progress on aviation noise and emissions," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 525-540.
- Karen Mayor & Richard S. J. Tol, 2008. "Aviation and the Environment in the Context of the EU-US Open Skies Agreement," Papers WP240, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Mayor, Karen & Tol, Richard S.J., 2009. "Aviation and the environment in the context of the EUâ€“US Open Skies agreement," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 90-95.
- Cherie Lu, 2017. "Is There a Limit to Growth? Comparing the Environmental Cost of an Airport’s Operations with Its Economic Benefit," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(4), pages 1-13, November.
- Park, Yongha & O’Kelly, Morton E., 2014. "Fuel burn rates of commercial passenger aircraft: variations by seat configuration and stage distance," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 137-147.
- Park, Yongha & O'Kelly, Morton E., 2018. "Examination of cost-efficient aircraft fleets using empirical operation data in US aviation markets," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 224-234.
- Bert Wee & Piet Rietveld, 2013. "Using value of statistical life for the ex ante evaluation of transport policy options: a discussion based on ethical theory," Transportation, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 295-314, February.
- Chester, Mikhail & Horvath, Arpad, 2008. "Environmental Life-cycle Assessment of Passenger Transportation: A Detailed Methodology for Energy, Greenhouse Gas and Criteria Pollutant Inventories of Automobiles, Buses, Light Rail, Heavy Rail and ," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt5670921q, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:11:y:2004:i:2:p:141-154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.