How Much Damage Will Climate Change Do? Recent Estimates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nordhaus, William D, 1991. "To Slow or Not to Slow: The Economics of the Greenhouse Effect," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 920-937, July.
- Darwin, Roy & Tsigas, Marinos E. & Lewandrowski, Jan & Raneses, Anton, 1995. "World Agriculture and Climate Change: Economic Adaptations," Agricultural Economics Reports 33933, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Azar, Christian & Sterner, Thomas, 1996. "Discounting and distributional considerations in the context of global warming," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 169-184, November.
- Samuel Fankhauser & Richard Tol & DAVID Pearce, 1997. "The Aggregation of Climate Change Damages: a Welfare Theoretic Approach," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 10(3), pages 249-266, October.
- Gjerde, Jon & Grepperud, Sverre & Kverndokk, Snorre, 1999.
"Optimal climate policy under the possibility of a catastrophe,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3-4), pages 289-317, August.
- Jon Gjerde & Sverre Grepperud & Snorre Kverndokk, 1998. "Optimal Climate Policy under the Possibility of a Catastrophe," Discussion Papers 209, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Robert Mendelsohn & William D. Nordhaus & Shaw, Daigee, 1992. "The Impact of Climate on Agriculture: A Ricardian Approach," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1010, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Richard Tol, 1999. "Spatial and Temporal Efficiency in Climate Policy: Applications of FUND," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 14(1), pages 33-49, July.
- Stephen C Peck & Thomas J. Teisberg, 1992. "CETA: A Model for Carbon Emissions Trajectory Assessment," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 55-78.
- Neil Adger, W., 1999. "Social Vulnerability to Climate Change and Extremes in Coastal Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 249-269, February.
- Fankhauser, Samuel & Tol, Richard S.J. & Pearce, David W., 1998. "Extensions and alternatives to climate change impact valuation: on the critique of IPCC Working Group III's impact estimates," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 59-81, February.
- Christian Azar, 1999. "Weight Factors in Cost-Benefit Analysis of Climate Change," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 13(3), pages 249-268, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrea Bigano & Francesco Bosello & Roberto Roson & Richard Tol, 2008.
"Economy-wide impacts of climate change: a joint analysis for sea level rise and tourism,"
Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change,
Springer, vol. 13(8), pages 765-791, October.
- Roberto Roson & Francesco Bosello & Andrea Bigano & Richard S.J. Tol, 2008. "Economy-Wide Impacts of Climate Change: A Joint Analysis for Sea Level Rise and Tourism," Working Papers 2008_06, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Kverndokk, Snorre & Rose, Adam, 2008.
"Equity and Justice in Global Warming Policy,"
International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics,
now publishers, vol. 2(2), pages 135-176, October.
- Kverndokk, Snorre & Rose, Adam, 2008. "Equity and justice in global warming policy," MPRA Paper 24272, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Snorre Kverndokk & Adam Rose, 2008. "Equity and Justice in Global Warming Policy," Working Papers 2008.80, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Kverndokk, Snorre & Rose , Adam, 2008. "Equity and Justice in Global Warming Policy," Memorandum 21/2008, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Parry, Ian W.H., 2008. "How should heavy-duty trucks be taxed?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 651-668, March.
- Parry, Ian & Portney, Paul & Harrington, Winston & Gruenspecht, Howard, 2003. "The Economics of Fuel Economy Standards," Discussion Papers dp-03-44, Resources For the Future.
- Ian W. H. Parry & Kenneth A. Small, 2005.
"Does Britain or the United States Have the Right Gasoline Tax?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1276-1289, September.
- Parry, Ian & Small, Kenneth, 2002. "Does Britain or the United States Have the Right Gasoline Tax?," Discussion Papers dp-02-12-, Resources For the Future.
- Ochuodho, Thomas O. & Lantz, Van A. & Olale, Edward, 2016. "Economic impacts of climate change considering individual, additive, and simultaneous changes in forest and agriculture sectors in Canada: A dynamic, multi-regional CGE model analysis," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 43-51.
- Richard S J Tol, 2018.
"The Economic Impacts of Climate Change,"
Review of Environmental Economics and Policy,
Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(1), pages 4-25.
- Kverndokk, Snorre & Nævdal, Eric & Nøstbakken, Linda, 2014.
"The trade-off between intra- and intergenerational equity in climate policy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 40-58.
- Snorre Kverndokk & Eric Nævdal & Linda Nøstbakken, 2013. "The Trade-off between Intra- and Intergenerational Equity in Climate Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 4285, CESifo Group Munich.
- Parry, Ian & Fischer, Carolyn & Harrington, Winston, 2004. "Should Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) Standards Be Tightened?," Discussion Papers dp-04-53, Resources For the Future.
- Ian W.H. Parry, 2005.
"Fiscal Interactions and the Costs of Controlling Pollution from Electricity,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(4), pages 849-869, Winter.
- Parry, Ian, 2004. "Fiscal Interactions and the Costs of Controlling Pollution from Electricity," Discussion Papers dp-04-27, Resources For the Future.
- Fankhauser, Samuel & S.J. Tol, Richard, 2005. "On climate change and economic growth," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Antón-Sarabia, Arturo & Hernández-Trillo, Fausto, 2014.
"Optimal gasoline tax in developing, oil-producing countries: The case of Mexico,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 564-571.
- Fausto Hernández-Trillo & Arturo Antón-Sarabia, 2013. "Optimal Gasoline Tax in Developing, Oil-Producing Countries: The Case of Mexico," Working papers DTE 555, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Sobieralski, Joseph B., 2013. "The optimal aviation gasoline tax for U.S. general aviation," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 186-191.
- Olivier Godard, 2014. "LA POLITIQUE CLIMATIQUE ENTRE CHOIX NATIONAUX ET SCENARIOS MONDIAUX Implications des positionnements cognitifs et éthiques," Working Papers hal-01089197, HAL.
- Dritan Osmani, "undated". "A note on optimal transfer schemes, stable coalition for environmental protection and joint maximization assumption," Working Papers FNU-176, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University.
More about this item
Keywordsclimate change; impacts; valuation; marginal cost;
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sgc:wpaper:2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Uwe Schneider). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zmhamde.html .