Competition in multi-modal transport networks: A dynamic approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Adriaan Hendrik van der Weijde & Erik T. Verhoef & Vincent van den Berg, 2012. "Competition in Multi-Modal Transport Networks: A Dynamic Approach," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-116/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arnott Richard & Kraus Marvin, 1995. "Financing Capacity in the Bottleneck Model," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 272-290, November.
- Arnott, Richard & Kraus, Marvin, 1993. "The Ramsey problem for congestible facilities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 371-396, March.
- Economides, Nicholas & Salop, Steven C, 1992. "Competition and Integration among Complements, and Network Market Structure," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 105-123, March.
- Borger Bruno De & Dunkerley Fay & Proost Stef, 2008.
"The Interaction between Tolls and Capacity Investment in Serial and Parallel Transport Networks,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-23, March.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & DUNKERLEY, Fay & PROOST, Stef, 2006. "The interaction between tolls and capacity investment in serial and parallel transport networks," CORE Discussion Papers 2006113, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- De Borger Bruno & Dunkerley Fay & Proost Stef, 2006. "The interaction between tolls and capacity investment in serial and parallel transport networks," Energy, Transport and Environment Working Papers Series ete0607, KU Leuven, Department of Economics - Research Group Energy, Transport and Environment.
- Bruno De Borger & Fay Dunkerley & Stef Proost, 2006. "The interactin between tolls and capacity investment in serial and parallel transport networks," Working Papers Department of Economics ces0617, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Arnott, Richard & DePalma, Elijah, 2011.
"The corridor problem: Preliminary results on the no-toll equilibrium,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 743-768, June.
- Richard Arnott & Elijah DePalma, 2010. "The Corridor Problem: Preliminary Results on the No-toll Equilibrium," Working Papers 201003, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2010.
- Henderson, J. V., 1974. "Road congestion : A reconsideration of pricing theory," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 346-365, July.
- Erik T. Verhoef, 2008. "Private Roads: Auctions and Competition in Networks," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 42(3), pages 463-493, September.
- Chu Xuehao, 1995. "Endogenous Trip Scheduling: The Henderson Approach Reformulated and Compared with the Vickrey Approach," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 324-343, May.
- Richard Arnott & An Yan, 2000. "The Two-Mode Problem: Second-Best Pricing and Capacity," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 474, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Small, Kenneth A, 1982. "The Scheduling of Consumer Activities: Work Trips," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 467-479, June.
- Eric Pels & Erik T Verhoef, 2007.
"Infrastructure Pricing and Competition between Modes in Urban Transport,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 39(9), pages 2119-2138, September.
- Eric Pels & Erik T Verhoef, 2007. "Infrastructure pricing and competition between modes in urban transport," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 39(9), pages 2119-2138, September.
- Li, Zheng & Hensher, David A., 2011. "Crowding and public transport: A review of willingness to pay evidence and its relevance in project appraisal," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 880-887, November.
- Tian, Qiong & Huang, Hai-Jun & Yang, Hai, 2007. "Equilibrium properties of the morning peak-period commuting in a many-to-one mass transit system," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 616-631, July.
- Kraus, Marvin & Yoshida, Yuichiro, 2002. "The Commuter's Time-of-Use Decision and Optimal Pricing and Service in Urban Mass Transit," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 170-195, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:reensy:v:158:y:2017:i:c:p:58-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- de Rus, Ginés & Socorro, M. Pilar, 2014. "Access pricing, infrastructure investment and intermodal competition," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 374-387.
- Wang, Hua & Meng, Qiang & Zhang, Xiaoning, 2014. "Game-theoretical models for competition analysis in a new emerging liner container shipping market," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 201-227.
- Adriaan Hendrik van der Weijde, 2014. "Price Differentiation and Discrimination in Transport Networks," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-099/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic transport; Congestion; Competition; Market design;
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L92 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Railroads and Other Surface Transportation
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
- R48 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government Pricing and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transb:v:53:y:2013:i:c:p:31-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/548/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.