What is paratransit worth?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fitzgerald, James & Shaunesey, Donna & Stern, Steven, 2000.
"The effect of education programs on paratransit demand of people with disabilities,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 261-285, May.
- Steven Stern & James Fitzgerald & Donna Shaunesey, 1998. "The Effect of Education Programs on Paratransit Demand of People with Disabilities," Virginia Economics Online Papers 325, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Stern, Steven, 1993. "A disaggregate discrete choice model of transportation demand by elderly and disabled people in rural Virginia," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 315-327, July.
- Duncombe, William & Yinger, John, 1998. "School Finance Reform: Aid Formulas and Equity Objectives," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(n. 2), pages 239-62, June.
- McCullough, William S. III & Taylor, Brian D. & Wachs, Martin, 1998. "Transit Service Contracting and Cost Efficiency," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt1x1048tt, University of California Transportation Center.
- Dessouky, Maged & Palmer, Kurt & Abdelmaguid, Tamer, 2003. "Benchmarking Best Practices of Demand Responsive Transit Systems," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt3c77b9wd, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Fuller, Wayne A, 1977. "Some Properties of a Modification of the Limited Information Estimator," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(4), pages 939-953, May.
- Duncombe, William & Yinger, John, 1998. "School Finance Reform: Aid Formulas and Equity Objectives," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 51(2), pages 239-262, June.
- Ruggiero, John, 1996. "Efficiency of Educational Production: An Analysis of New York School Districts," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 499-509, August.
- Bruno De Borger & Kristiaan Kerstens & Álvaro Costa, 2002. "Public transit performance: What does one learn from frontier studies?," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-38, January.
- Viton, Philip A, 1981. "A Translog Cost Function for Urban Bus Transit," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 287-304, March.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Winston, Clifford & Maheshri, Vikram, 2007. "On the social desirability of urban rail transit systems," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 362-382, September.
- Palmer, Kurt & Dessouky, Maged & Abdelmaguid, Tamer, 2004. "Impacts of management practices and advanced technologies on demand responsive transit systems," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 495-509, August.
- repec:reg:rpubli:98 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jinyong Hahn & Jerry Hausman & Guido Kuersteiner, 2004. "Estimation with weak instruments: Accuracy of higher-order bias and MSE approximations," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 7(1), pages 272-306, June.
- Michael P. Murray, 2006. "Avoiding Invalid Instruments and Coping with Weak Instruments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 111-132, Fall.
- Martijn Brons & Peter Nijkamp & Eric Pels & Piet Rietveld, 2005. "Efficiency of urban public transit: A meta analysis," Transportation, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Palmer, Kurt & Dessouky, Maged & Zhou, Zhiqiang, 2008. "Factors influencing productivity and operating cost of demand responsive transit," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 503-523, March.
- Diana, Marco & Dessouky, Maged M. & Xia, Nan, 2006. "A model for the fleet sizing of demand responsive transportation services with time windows," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 651-666, September.
- Bearse, Peter & Gurmu, Shiferaw & Rapaport, Carol & Stern, Steven, 2004. "Paratransit demand of disabled people," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 809-831, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:transa:v:107:y:2018:i:c:p:229-245 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cinzia Daraio & Marco Diana & Flavia Di Costa & Claudio Leporelli & Giorgio Matteucci & Alberto Nastasi, 2014. "Efficiency and effectiveness in the urban public transport sector: a critical review with directions for future research," DIAG Technical Reports 2014-14, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- Deka, Devajyoti & Gonzales, Eric J., 2014. "The generators of paratransit trips by persons with disabilities," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 181-193.
- Chao Wang & Mohammed Quddus & Marcus Enoch & Tim Ryley & Lisa Davison, 2014. "Multilevel modelling of Demand Responsive Transport (DRT) trips in Greater Manchester based on area-wide socio-economic data," Transportation, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 589-610, May.
- Mouter, Niek & Annema, Jan Anne & Wee, Bert van, 2013. "Attitudes towards the role of Cost–Benefit Analysis in the decision-making process for spatial-infrastructure projects: A Dutch case study," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1-14.
- Neven, An & Braekers, Kris & Declercq, Katrien & Wets, Geert & Janssens, Davy & Bellemans, Tom, 2015. "Assessing the impact of different policy decisions on the resource requirements of a Demand Responsive Transport system for persons with disabilities," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 48-57.
- Mouter, Niek & Annema, Jan Anne & van Wee, Bert, 2013. "Ranking the substantive problems in the Dutch Cost–Benefit Analysis practice," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 241-255.
- Dikas, G. & Minis, I., 2014. "Scheduled paratransit transport systems," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 18-34.
More about this item
KeywordsParatransit Public transportation Benefit-cost analysis Disability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:44:y:2010:i:10:p:841-853. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.