A Translog Cost Function for Urban Bus Transit
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 29 (1981)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-1821|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0022-1821|
- Wu, Wei-Ming, 2009. "An approach for measuring the optimal fleet capacity: Evidence from the container shipping lines in Taiwan," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 118-126, November.
- Rinki Sarkar, 1998. "Economic Characteristics Of The Urban Bus Transit Industry- A Comparative Analysis Of Three Regulated Metropolitan Bus Corporations In India," Working papers 54, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Dimitris Christopoulos & John Loizides & Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2001. "Efficiency in European railways: Not as inefficient as one might think," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 4, pages 63-88, May.
- Cinzia Daraio & Marco Diana & Flavia Di Costa & Claudio Leporelli & Giorgio Matteucci & Alberto Nastasi, 2014. "Efficiency and effectiveness in the urban public transport sector: a critical review with directions for future research," DIAG Technical Reports 2014-14, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- Germà Bel, 2013.
"Local government size and efficiency in capital-intensive services: what evidence is there of economies of scale, density and scope?,"
Chapters,in: The Challenge of Local Government Size, chapter 6, pages 148-170
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Germà Bel, 2012. "Local Government Size and Efficiency in Capital Intensive Services: What Evidence is There of Economies of Scale, Density and Scope?," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1215, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Avenali, Alessandro & Boitani, Andrea & Catalano, Giuseppe & D’Alfonso, Tiziana & Matteucci, Giorgio, 2016. "Assessing standard costs in local public bus transport: Evidence from Italy," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 164-174.
- Maria Nieswand & Matthias Walter, 2010. "Cost Efficiency and Subsidization in German Local Public Bus Transit," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1071, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Nieswand, Maria & Walter, Matthias, 2013. "Cost Efficiency and Subsidization in German Local Public Bus Transit," CEPR Discussion Papers 9346, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tikoudis, Ioannis & Verhoef, Erik T. & van Ommeren, Jos N., 2015. "On revenue recycling and the welfare effects of second-best congestion pricing in a monocentric city," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 32-47.
- Ioannis Tikoudis & Erik T. Verhoef & Jos N. van Ommeren, 2013. "On Revenue Recycling and the Welfare Effects of Second-Best Congestion Pricing in a Monocentric City," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-031/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Stephen Schmidt, 2001. "Incentive Effects of Expanding Federal Mass Transit Formula Grants," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 239-261.
- Batarce, Marco, 2016. "Estimation of urban bus transit marginal cost without cost data," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 241-262.
- Iseki, Hiroyuki, 2008. "Economies of scale in bus transit service in the USA: How does cost efficiency vary by agency size and level of contracting?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(8), pages 1086-1097, October.
- Germà Bel & Jordi Rosell, 2016. "Public and Private Production in a Mixed Delivery System: Regulation, Competition and Costs," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 35(3), pages 533-558, 06.
- Germà Bel & Jordi Rosell, 2014. "“Public and Private Production in a Mixed Delivery System: Regulation, Competition and Costs”," IREA Working Papers 201418, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised May 2014.
- Alessandro Avenali & Andrea Boitani & Giuseppe Catalano & Tiziana D'Alfonso & Giorgio Matteucci, 2014. "Un modello per la determinazione del costo standard nei servizi di trasporto pubblico locale su autobus in Italia°," ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(4), pages 181-213.
- Alireza Ermagun & David Levinson, 2015. "Accessibility and Transit Performance," Working Papers 000129, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Pedersen, Pål Andreas, 2003. "On the optimal fare policies in urban transportation," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 423-435, June.
- Mert Cubukcu, "undated". "Cost of Urban Bus Transit Operations and Geography of Service Territory," Regional and Urban Modeling 283600020, EcoMod.
- Ayadi, Ahmed & Hammami, Sami, 2015. "An analysis of the performance of public bus transport in Tunisian cities," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 51-60.
- Nguyen-Hoang, Phuong & Yeung, Ryan, 2010. "What is paratransit worth?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(10), pages 841-853, December.
- Kennedy, David, 1995. "London bus tendering: a welfare balance," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 243-249, October.
- Oliver, Matthew E., 2015. "Economies of scale and scope in expansion of the U.S. natural gas pipeline network," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 265-276.
- Rinki Sarkar, 1997. "Depicting The Cost Structure Of On Urban Bus Transit Firm," Working papers 50, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jindec:v:29:y:1981:i:3:p:287-304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed