An examination of underlying consumer demand and sport pricing using secondary market data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James L. Swofford, 1999. "Arbitrage, Speculation, and Public Policy Toward Ticket Scalping," Public Finance Review, , vol. 27(5), pages 531-540, September.
- Pascal Courty & Mario Pagliero, 2012.
"The Impact of Price Discrimination on Revenue: Evidence from the Concert Industry,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 94(1), pages 359-369, February.
- Pascal Courty & Mario Pagliero, 2009. "The Impact of Price Discrimination on Revenue: Evidence from the Concert Industry," Economics Working Papers ECO2009/04, European University Institute.
- Courty, Pascal & Pagliero, Mario, 2009. "The Impact of Price Discrimination on Revenue: Evidence from the Concert Industry," CEPR Discussion Papers 7120, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pascal Courty & Mario Pagliero, 2009. "The Impact of Price Discrimination on Revenue: Evidence from the Concert Industry," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 105, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Rosen, Sherwin & Rosenfield, Andrew M, 1997.
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(2), pages 351-376, October.
- Sherwin Rosen & Andy Rosenfield, 1995. "Ticket Pricing," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 120, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Stephen K. Happel and Marianne M. Jennings, 1995. "The Folly of Anti-Scalping Laws," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 15(1), pages 65-80, Spring/Su.
- Jeffery Borland, 2003. "Demand for Sport," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 478-502, Winter.
- Courty, Pascal, 2003. "Ticket Pricing under Demand Uncertainty," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 627-652, October.
- Craig Depken, 2007. "Another look at anti-scalping laws: Theory and evidence," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 130(1), pages 55-77, January.
- Daniel, Rascher & Chad, McEvoy & Mark, Nagel & Matt, Brown, 2007. "Variable Ticket Pricing in Major League Baseball," MPRA Paper 25803, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Larry Karp & Jeffrey M. Perloff, 2005.
"When Promoters Like Scalpers,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 477-508, June.
- Karp, Larry & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 2003. "When Promoters Like Scalpers," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt52d579j4, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Asparouhova, Elena & Bossaerts, Peter & Plott, Charles, 2003. "Excess demand and equilibration in multi-security financial markets: the empirical evidence," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Alexander, Donald L. & Kern, William & Neill, Jon, 2000. "Valuing the Consumption Benefits from Professional Sports Franchises," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 321-337, September.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Economic Design of Sporting Contests," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1137-1187, December.
- Victor Matheson, 2006. "The effects of labour strikes on consumer demand in professional sports: revisited," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(10), pages 1173-1179.
- Drayer, Joris & Martin, Nathan T., 2010. "Establishing legitimacy in the secondary ticket market: A case study of an NFL market," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 39-49, February.
- repec:fth:geneec:00.04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Marc Falter & Christophe Perignon, 2000.
"Demand for football and intramatch winning probability: an essay on the glorious uncertainty of sports,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(13), pages 1757-1765.
- Falter, J.-M. & Perignon, C., 2000. "Demand for Football and Intra-Match Winning Probability: an Essay on the Glorious Uncertainty of Sports," Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva 2000.15, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
- Peck, James, 1996. "Demand Uncertainty, Incomplete Markets, and the Optimality of Rationing," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 342-363, August.
- Pascal Courty, 2003. "Some Economics of Ticket Resale," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(2), pages 85-97, Spring.
- Daniel, Rascher, 1999. "A Test of the Optimal Positive Production Network Externality in Major League Baseball," MPRA Paper 25832, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zane A. Spindler, 2003. "How â€œParasitesâ€ Serve their Host: A Graphical Analysis of â€œScalpingâ€," Public Finance Review, , vol. 31(6), pages 694-699, November.
- Drayer, Joris & Shapiro, Stephen L., 2011. "An examination into the factors that influence consumers’ perceptions of value," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 389-398.
- Carmon, Ziv & Ariely, Dan, 2000. " Focusing on the Forgone: How Value Can Appear So Different to Buyers and Sellers," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 360-370, December.
- Phillip Leslie & Alan Sorensen, 2009. "The Welfare Effects of Ticket Resale," NBER Working Papers 15476, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Budzinski, Oliver & Feddersen, Arne, 2015. "Grundlagen der Sportnachfrage: Theorie und Empirie der Einflussfaktoren auf die Zuschauernachfrage," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 94, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Shapiro, Stephen L. & Drayer, Joris, 2014. "An examination of dynamic ticket pricing and secondary market price determinants in Major League Baseball," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 145-159.
- Arne Feddersen & Brad R. Humphreys & Brian P. Soebbing, 2017.
"Sentiment Bias And Asset Prices: Evidence From Sports Betting Markets And Social Media,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 55(2), pages 1119-1129, April.
- Arne Feddersen & Brad Humphreys & Brian Soebbing, 2013. "Sentiment Bias and Asset Prices: Evidence from Sports Betting Markets and Social Media," Working Papers 13-07, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer demand; Sport pricing; Consumer surplus; Price inefficiency; Secondary market; Tickets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spomar:v:15:y:2012:i:4:p:448-460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/description#description .