The Impact of Price Discrimination on Revenue: Evidence from the Concert Industry
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pascal Courty & Mario Pagliero, 2012. "The Impact of Price Discrimination on Revenue: Evidence from the Concert Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 94(1), pages 359-369, February.
- Courty, Pascal & Pagliero, Mario, 2009. "The Impact of Price Discrimination on Revenue: Evidence from the Concert Industry," CEPR Discussion Papers 7120, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pascal Courty & Mario Pagliero, 2009. "The Impact of Price Discrimination on Revenue: Evidence from the Concert Industry," Economics Working Papers ECO2009/04, European University Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Connolly, Marie & Krueger, Alan B., 2006.
"Rockonomics: The Economics of Popular Music,"
Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture,
- Marie Connolly & Alan Krueger, 2005. "Rockonomics: The Economics of Popular Music," Working Papers 878, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Marie Connolly & Alan B. Krueger, 2005. "Rockonomics: The Economics of Popular Music," NBER Working Papers 11282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser, Jed Kolko, and Albert Saiz, 2001.
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 27-50, January.
- Ed Glaeser & Jed Kolko & Albert Saiz, 2000. "Consumer City," NBER Working Papers 7790, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jed Kolko & Albert Saiz, 2000. "Consumer City," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1901, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Meghan Busse & Marc Rysman, 2005.
"Competition and Price Discrimination in Yellow Pages Advertising,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(2), pages 378-390, Summer.
- Meghan R. Busse & Marc Rysman, 2001. "Competition and Price Discrimination in Yellow Pages Advertising," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm207, Yale School of Management.
- Miravete, Eugenio, 2007. "The Limited Gains From Complex Tariffs," Working Paper Series 3971, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Aviv Nevo & Catherine Wolfram, 2002. "Why Do Manufacturers Issue Coupons? An Empirical Analysis of Breakfast Cereals," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(2), pages 319-339, Summer.
- Phillip Leslie, 2004. "Price Discrimination in Broadway Theater," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 35(3), pages 520-541, Autumn.
- Verboven, Frank, 1999. "Product Line Rivalry and Market Segmentation--With an Application to Automobile Optional Engine Pricing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 399-425, December.
- Armstrong, Mark, 2006. "Price discrimination," MPRA Paper 4693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eugenio J. Miravete & Lars-Hendrik Röller, 2003. "Estimating Markups under Nonlinear Pricing Competition," CIG Working Papers SP II 2003-21, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- James H. Stock & Motohiro Yogo, 2002. "Testing for Weak Instruments in Linear IV Regression," NBER Technical Working Papers 0284, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Courty, Pascal & Pagliero, Mario, 2009. "Price Discrimination in the Concert Industry," CEPR Discussion Papers 7143, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Heckman, James J. & Robb, Richard Jr., 1985. "Alternative methods for evaluating the impact of interventions : An overview," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 239-267.
- Pascal Courty, 2003. "Some Economics of Ticket Resale," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(2), pages 85-97, Spring.
- Holbrook, Morris B & Schindler, Robert M, 1989. " Some Exploratory Findings on the Development of Musical Tastes," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 119-124, June.
- Stole, Lars A., 2007. "Price Discrimination and Competition," Handbook of Industrial Organization, Elsevier.
- Sofronis K. Clerides, 2004. "Price Discrimination with Differentiated Products: Definition and Identification," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(3), pages 402-412, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hendrik Sonnabend, 2016. "Fairness constraints on profit-seeking: evidence from the German club concert industry," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 40(4), pages 529-545, November.
- Michael Rushton, 2011. "Pricing the Arts," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 49 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Siegert, Caspar & Ulbricht, Robert, 2014. "Dynamic Oligopoly Pricing: Evidence from the Airline Industry," TSE Working Papers 14-478, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised 18 Nov 2015.
- Kevin R. Williams, 2017. "Dynamic Airline Pricing and Seat Availability," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2103, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- repec:wly:mgtdec:v:38:y:2017:i:2:p:212-221 is not listed on IDEAS
- Drayer, Joris & Rascher, Daniel A. & McEvoy, Chad D., 2012. "An examination of underlying consumer demand and sport pricing using secondary market data," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 448-460.
- repec:spr:joecth:v:65:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s00199-017-1035-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Courty, Pascal & Pagliero, Mario, 2012. "The Pricing of Art and the Art of Pricing: Pricing Styles in the Concert Industry," CEPR Discussion Papers 8967, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Siegert, Caspar & Ulbricht, Robert, 2014.
"Dynamic Oligopoly Pricing: Evidence from the Airline Industry,"
TSE Working Papers
14-478, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised 18 Nov 2015.
- Siegert, Caspar & Ulbricht, Robert, 2014. "Dynamic Oligopoly Pricing: Evidence from the Airline Industry," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 463, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Jong-Hee Hahn & Jinwoo Kim & Sang-Hyun Kim & Jihong Lee, 2018. "Price discrimination with loss averse consumers," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 65(3), pages 681-728, May.
- Vlad Radoias, 2017.
"When Price Discrimination Fails – A Principal Agent Problem with Social Influence,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 38(2), pages 212-221, March.
- Vlad Radoias, 2014. "When Price Discrimination Fails - A Principal Agent Problem with Social Influence," Working Papers 2014-08, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2014.
More about this item
KeywordsPrice discrimination; return to price discrimination; second degree price discrimination;
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2009-03-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2009-03-28 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2009-03-28 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2009-03-28 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cca:wpaper:105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giovanni Bert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fccaait.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.