Valuing the Consumption Benefits from Professional Sports Franchises
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daraius Irani, 1997. "Public Subsidies to Stadiums: Do the Costs Outweigh the Benefits?," Public Finance Review, , vol. 25(2), pages 238-253, March.
- Willig, Robert D, 1976. "Consumer's Surplus without Apology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 589-597, September.
- Baade, Robert A & Dye, Richard F, 1988. "An Analysis of the Economic Rationale for Public Subsidization of Sports Stadiums," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 22(2), pages 37-47, July.
- Bradford, David F. & Hildebrandt, Gregory G., 1977. "Observable preferences for public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 111-131, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlino, Gerald & Coulson, N. Edward, 2004.
"Compensating differentials and the social benefits of the NFL,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 25-50, July.
- Gerald A. Carlino & N. Edward Coulson, 2002. "Compensating differentials and the social benefits of the NFL," Working Papers 02-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 01 Sep 2003.
- Drayer, Joris & Rascher, Daniel A. & McEvoy, Chad D., 2012. "An examination of underlying consumer demand and sport pricing using secondary market data," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 448-460.
- Bruce Johnson & Mike Mondello & John C. Whitehead, 2004. "Contingent Valuation of Sports Stadiums and Arenas: Temporal Embedding and Order Effect," Working Papers 04-15, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University, revised 2005.
- Bruce K. Johnson & Michael J. Mondello & John C. Whitehead, 2005. "What is the Value of Public Goods Generated by a National Football League Team: A CVM Approach," Working Papers 05-10, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- John C. Whitehead & Bruce K. Johnson & Daniel S. Mason & Gordon J. Walker, 2009. "Using Revealed and Stated Preference Data to Estimate the Demand and Consumption Benefits of Sporting Events: An Application to National Hockey League Game Trips," Working Papers 09-13, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Humphreys, Brad R. & Zhou, Li, 2015. "Reference-dependent preferences, team relocations, and major league expansion," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 10-25.
- Dennis Coates, 2007. "Stadiums And Arenas: Economic Development Or Economic Redistribution?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 565-577, October.
- Lim, Seul-Ye & Kim, Hyo-Jin & Yoo, Seung-Hoon, 2016. "The demand function for residential heat through district heating system and its consumption benefits in Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 155-160.
- Lim, Kyoung-Min & Lim, Seul-Ye & Yoo, Seung-Hoon, 2014. "Short- and long-run elasticities of electricity demand in the Korean service sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 517-521.
- Lim, Kyoung-Min & Lim, Seul-Ye & Yoo, Seung-Hoon, 2014. "Estimating the economic value of residential electricity use in the Republic of Korea using contingent valuation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 601-606.
- Brad Humphreys & Jane Ruseski, 2008.
"The Size and Scope of the Sports Industry in the United States,"
IASE Conference Papers
0833, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Brad Humphreys & Jane Ruseski, 2008. "The Size and Scope of the Sports Industry in the United States," Working Papers 0811, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Humphreys, Brad & Zhou, Li, 2014.
"Loss Aversion, Team Relocations, and Major League Expansion,"
2014-3, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Li Zhou, 2014. "Loss Aversion, Team Relocations, and Major League Expansion," Working Papers 14-17, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Glazer, Amihai & Gradstein, Mark & Ranjan, Priya, 2003. "Consumption variety and urban agglomeration," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 653-661, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:48:y:2000:i:2:p:321-337. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .