Variable Ticket Pricing in Major League Baseball
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Levy, Daniel & Bergen, Mark & Dutta, Shantanu & Venable, Robert, 1997.
"The Magnitude of Menu Costs: Direct Evidence from Large U.S. Supermarket Chains,"
EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 791-824.
- Daniel Levy & Mark Bergen & Shantanu Dutta & Robert Venable, 1997. "The Magnitude of Menu Costs: Direct Evidence from Large U. S. Supermarket Chains," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(3), pages 791-824.
- Daniel Levy & Mark Bergen & Shantanu Dutta & Robert Venable, 1997. "The Magnitude of Menu Costs: Direct Evidence from Large U. S. Supermarket Chains," Post-Print hal-02382825, HAL.
- Daniel Levy & Mark Bergen & Shantanu Dutta & Robert Venable, 2005. "The Magnitude of Menu Costs: Direct Evidence from Large U.S. Supermarket Chains," Macroeconomics 0505012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donald L. Alexander, 2001. "Major League Baseball," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(4), pages 341-355, November.
- McDonald, Mark & Rascher, Daniel, 2000. "Does Bat Day Make Cents? The Effect of Promotions on the Demand for Major League Baseball," MPRA Paper 25739, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rodney Fort, 2004. "Inelastic sports pricing," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 87-94.
- Daniel R. Marburger, 1997. "Optimal ticket pricing for performance goods," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 375-381.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pettersson, Billie & Hoffmann, Mikael & Andersson, David & Wändell, Per & Levin, Lars-Åke, 2012. "Utilization and costs of glucose lowering therapies following health technology assessment for the new reimbursement scheme in Sweden," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 207-215.
- Shapiro, Stephen L. & Drayer, Joris, 2014. "An examination of dynamic ticket pricing and secondary market price determinants in Major League Baseball," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 145-159.
- Chmait, Nader & Robertson, Sam & Westerbeek, Hans & Eime, Rochelle & Sellitto, Carmine & Reid, Machar, 2020. "Tennis superstars: The relationship between star status and demand for tickets," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 330-347.
- Drayer, Joris & Rascher, Daniel A. & McEvoy, Chad D., 2012. "An examination of underlying consumer demand and sport pricing using secondary market data," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 448-460.
- Alan L. Morse & Stephen L. Shapiro & Chad D. McEvoy & Daniel A. Rascher, 2008.
"The Effects of Roster Turnover on Demand in the National Basketball Association,"
International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 3(1), pages 8-18, February.
- Alan, Morse & Stephen, Shapiro & Chad, McEvoy & Daniel, Rascher, 2008. "The Effects of Roster Turnover on Demand in the National Basketball Association," MPRA Paper 25828, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mehmet Şahin, 2019. "Optimization of dynamic ticket pricing parameters," Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 18(4), pages 306-316, August.
- Malasevska, Iveta & Haugom, Erik, 2018. "Optimal prices for alpine ski passes," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 291-302.
- Tim Dittmer & Bob Carbaugh, 2014. "Major League Baseball: Dynamic Ticket Pricing and Measurement Costs," Journal for Economic Educators, Middle Tennessee State University, Business and Economic Research Center, vol. 14(1), pages 44-57, Fall.
- Ronald J. Huefner, 2017. "Value-based pricing in professional sports," Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 16(1), pages 30-39, February.
- Young Dae Ko & Seung Hwan Jung & Sung Hee Kim & Sung Wook Lee, 2018. "Sustainable Sport Scheduling Approach Considering Team Equity for the Korean Professional Baseball League," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-11, February.
- Daniel, Rascher & Andrew, Schwarz, 2010. "Illustrations of Price Discrimination in Baseball," MPRA Paper 25807, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsbaseball; variable pricing; dynamic pricing; regression; censored regression;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25803. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.