The Effects of Roster Turnover on Demand in the National Basketball Association
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alan L. Morse & Stephen L. Shapiro & Chad D. McEvoy & Daniel A. Rascher, 2008. "The Effects of Roster Turnover on Demand in the National Basketball Association," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 3(1), pages 8-18, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel, Rascher & Chad, McEvoy & Mark, Nagel & Matt, Brown, 2007. "Variable Ticket Pricing in Major League Baseball," MPRA Paper 25803, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Scully, Gerald W, 1974. "Pay and Performance in Major League Baseball," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 915-930, December.
- Whitney, James D, 1988. "Winning Games versus Winning Championships: The Economics of Fan Interest and Team Performance," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(4), pages 703-724, October.
- McEvoy, Chad D. & Nagel, Mark S. & DeSchriver, Timothy D. & Brown, Matthew T., 2005. "Facility Age and Attendance in Major League Baseball," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 19-41, May.
- Leo Kahane & Stephen Shmanske, 1997. "Team roster turnover and attendance in major league baseball," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 425-431.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yiannis Nikolaidis, 2015. "Building a basketball game strategy through statistical analysis of data," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 227(1), pages 137-159, April.
- Drayer, Joris & Shapiro, Stephen L., 2011. "An examination into the factors that influence consumers’ perceptions of value," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 389-398.
More about this item
Keywordsbasketball; roster turnover; demand; regression; censored regression;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25828. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.